Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bump Stop Mod Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bump Stop Mod Question

I am porting my throttle body and want to do the bump stop mod. Can I do this by just eyeballing the blade opening nearly flat or do I need the voltage checker(?). If I do need something please direct me on where and what to purchase. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:13 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm

Click install doc's (top left), then click bump stop mod under air induction. You HAVE to use a multi-meter to check the voltage. Go too far and you'll get the SES light.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

good question, where can i get a tool that can read the voltage??
Old 01-31-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

its just a multimeter i would bet even walmart has them but any where sears or autozone
Old 01-31-2007, 10:29 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Radioshack has some small little ones for $20. I bought one for my dad to keep in his tool bag. Go in there and ask for a "multi-meter".
Old 01-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Restricted User

Yea you definitely need to have something to read the tps voltage. You can just pick up any digital mulimeter for an autoparts store or home depot ect. You can alos read it with a scan tool or tuning program. Just keep it under 4.71 volts, try to get it around 4.65 and your all good. Anything over and it will turn on your ses light and have problems locking up the converter on a4 cars.

99kamarokid - If you want the bump stop mod done i can do it for you at my house by hooking my laptop with hp tuners. I do this for all the tb's that i sell locally when i swap them out at my house.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Smokin87TA
Yea you definitely need to have something to read the tps voltage. You can just pick up any digital mulimeter for an autoparts store or home depot ect. You can alos read it with a scan tool or tuning program. Just keep it under 4.71 volts, try to get it around 4.65 and your all good. Anything over and it will turn on your ses light and have problems locking up the converter on a4 cars.

99kamarokid - If you want the bump stop mod done i can do it for you at my house by hooking my laptop with hp tuners. I do this for all the tb's that i sell locally when i swap them out at my house.
hey, thanks alot, but i wont have my car out on the streets for a while( few weeks/ month) but if the offer is on the table then i will, u cant do it without it on my car right?
Old 01-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 99kamarokid
hey, thanks alot, but i wont have my car out on the streets for a while( few weeks/ month) but if the offer is on the table then i will, u cant do it without it on my car right?
No, it needs to be plugged in to your harness in order to read the voltage correctly. I was going to eventually try to make a harness that has a 5v feed and be able to plug tb's into it on my work bench. That way i could check them all before i even installed them on any car.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

alright, sweet, than ill pm u in the future and see what we can do, thanks

Quick Reply: Bump Stop Mod Question