Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do i need a tune!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do i need a tune!!!???

hey guys i just bought the pacesetter headers and ory, i was wondering if ill need a tune once i get them instaled? thanks -Blake
Old 02-06-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

you can if you want...it isn't totally necessary, especially if you're doing more mods soon....if you don't plan on doing any more mods for a long time, then a tune might not be bad to bump up the ponies a few...after a while, the stock tune will learn and adjust to the new headers to phrase it simply...almost forgot...if u need to pass emissions, at least get the codes tuned out being that you have no cats and your SES light will be on...
Old 02-06-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
you can if you want...it isn't totally necessary, especially if you're doing more mods soon....if you don't plan on doing any more mods for a long time, then a tune might not be bad to bump up the ponies a few...after a while, the stock tune will learn and adjust to the new headers to phrase it simply...almost forgot...if u need to pass emissions, at least get the codes tuned out being that you have no cats and your SES light will be on...
very true. you will gain hp with a tune and your air fuel will be off a little with the new exhaust...i would wait untill i threw on some bigger mods. but i felt a huge gain getting tuned for lid lts and ory also had new gears that needed calibrated...thats why i did it
Old 02-06-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a tune will definatly help you out and tune out codes
Old 02-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Banned

It depends what your plans are for the car. If you are planning any other boltons for the car, wait for a tune until you fiinish those boltons. If you are set for a long while, as far as mods go, then get a tune now. A tune will help your car if its running rich or lean from headers, which it probably is. But you don't need to pay $400 twice, so make sure you are done with mods, then get a tune.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

i've been running untuned for a while now. had a lot more stuff coming. just do a little planning and tune when you either have to (cam swap) or when your done putting money into your car for a while