Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR/AIR Removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR/AIR Removal

I've been reading the stickies in this forum, but need to know a few specific things for this weekend.

Car: 99 T/A (Basically stock, mods in sig)

I will be installing MAC mids w/ ORY this weekend.

I need to know what EXACT parts I will need to remove the EGR/AIR setup. What block off plates, etc?For a 99. I'm having them both tuned out after the header install, along with my O2's, and I don't want them sitting in my engine bay. At the same time, I don't want to get the headers on, and then have my EGR/AIR setup off with no block off plates.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the egr removal, you'll just need a 1 3/8" freeze plug for the intake manifold. I just put some silicone around the plug and plugged the hole with it. Seems to be sealing well. You'll also need a block off plate for the egr hole in the headers. I made mine out of some think aluminum sheet metal.

For the air removal, you'll just need a couple of the block off plates, similar to the ones for the egr. I made those out of the same sheet metal but you can buy the block off plates from a couple of sponsors for around 10 bucks. Probably a better idea if you're not in a rush like I was to get them on.

Quick Reply: EGR/AIR Removal