Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Setup, (thought I knew what I wanted but I dont)

Old 02-10-2007, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions on Setup, (thought I knew what I wanted but I dont)

I want tds and im going back to cats. I have a few questions now. I need to buy headers but Im unsure if I should go to like an $800 header stainless top of the line or get pacesetters? Im planning on getting this part of the car done for its life(I want the best now). Also if I go back to cats do I have to use 02's after them or can I just continue to use the fronts? Benefits and downsides to each, what do you guys think or what have you done?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

no one, wow its turning in to mustang forums around here. lol, its alright, i know the final choice is mine still wonder about the o2s though....
Old 02-14-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

id say go with the pacesetters, there aa wayy better bang for your buck. if your going to be using cats* wich on td's you really dont have to unless you get inspected* you dont have to use 02 sims
Old 02-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Banned

I'd go with the Bassani kit, can't beat stainless, plus its refined, and good clearance. You can run cats of headers, then into true duals. That is a popular setup. Duals will perform better than a ypipe. More torque. You can remove your rear 02s with programming, any competent tuner can do that for you for a reasonable price.

If you can afford stainless headers, get them. They will last the life of the car. OTOH Coated Pacesetters are a great value.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:24 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks, I think the bassani kit is on my favorite list, and I do want stainless just unsure of the price, thats why I wondered about pacesetters. I want cats so I can get a deeper tone but I didnt want to drill for rear o2s. Thanks guys

Search this Thread