Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers came in what do i need to know about instal????

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default headers came in what do i need to know about instal????

ok so my Kooks LTs and ORY just came in and i slightly started removing my old manifolds. i have all the bolts out of the drivers side and the 2 front ones from the passenger side. i did all this without removing anything at all that was in the way. what should i remove to make this whole process easier? im looking at the passenger side and it looks really really cramped in the back and im starting to get discouraged....oh i did remove the plug wires but thats it. should i remove the coil assembly? what do i NEED to remove in order to get that passenger side manifold unbolted? any tips or trick to go about this?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

remove the spark plug coils and wires. On the passenger side youll need to remove the dip stick, wich is just held in by a bolt( above the setction with the 2 manifold bolts by it)
Old 02-12-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok now whaqt do i do about the air tubes that went in the manifolds? can i just get rid of it all? will the motor run any differently or throw any codes?
Old 02-12-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone?
Old 02-12-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you mean your EGR AND AIR it all depends on what headers you orderd, the ones i got had the egr and air so i just unbolten from my manifold and then they bolted rite up to my headers. but other wise if you have racing style, your going to have to take them out. Im not sure how to do this but ive seen some one post up about it in here before. then when you get your tune ull have to have them delet them so you dont get an SES LIGHT