Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: As a college student, which would you suggest doing?
Switch TSP ORY with the Mufflex ORY, ~$250.
8.33%
Switch the ORY and Hooker for True Duals with Borla round mufflers, ~$400.
91.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Which of two options for exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which of two options for exhaust?

I am a college student, so i don't have a lot of money to be trhowing around for this stuff, so which of these options do you think would be better for me?

I am trying to get rid of the rasp, and take any other things that are better if i can get them too.

Right now I have Pacesetter LTs, a TSP ORY, and a Hooker catback. I would be selling whatever I didn't use to make up some of the difference. Tell me what you think I should do.

1. The 1st option is taking out the TSP ORY and replacing it with the mufflex one (flowmaster merge). That would cost me about $250 zfter selling my other ORY.

2. The second option is taking the ORY and Hooker both off and taking it to a local shop and having the make a true dual setup for me. I would want to use borla mufflers even though they cost a bit more since i want a deep tone that isn't TOO loud idling and cruising. This would cost me probably about $400 after selling my other stuff.

What do you think?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

are you going for loud *** hell or decent look with some sound?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

I want failry quiet at idle/cruising (it can be louder than my current ORY/Hooker though) but loud when I want it to be .
Old 02-28-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like loud!! Men like it loud! Are you a girl?!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

i dont think the hooker and ory is raspy unless you leave it in gear during decel, wot there isnt any rasp, your gonna have to go to td if your not happy with the hooker ory or put a bullit in the y
Old 03-01-2007, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duals will likely net a few more horses than option 1.

If you really just want to kill the rasp, a dynomax bullet in the I-pipe will do it and cheaply. I like the idea of a better Y-Pipe, but you may still want the bullet after the change.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

For low cost, you could weld some Magnaflow ceramic core cats into your current ypipe. That should help a lot with the rasp. They are only each $50. And welding them in shouldn't cost you more than $50.

A bullet in the ypipe would do the same thing, just not quite as effective at it.

But I would consider true duals with a single dual-in dual-out muffler, like the bassani setup. It will be more expensive, because they have to route the piping up and over the axle, but it would be your best bet for refined and good sounding.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Banned

like lsx24, ide recommend adding magnaflow cats. but not the ceramic, ive heard alot of people complain about them blowing out. Go with the Magnaflow spun metallic core from EAD Performance, and keep the rest of your setup. have a shop add them in or do a custom Y if cost isnt too bad.