Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Got my NEW INTAKE (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally Got my NEW INTAKE (pics inside)

well after wating 2 weeks for the company to get this intake back in i got it .I must say i think it is a very nice piece and should be a alot better than my stock LS1 intake.Cant wait to intall my cam package and this intake and get some numbers posted up .SO what do you guys think

Old 02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. You might clean up some of the runners...
Old 02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Launching!

looks nice to me. i like it
Old 02-28-2007, 06:00 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks pretty sweet. Be really sweet if you could do before/after dyno with this VS LS1 intake then post up the results!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:44 PM
12 Second Club

ya i plan to smooth the runners out some more .Thaugh seems like they got about half a inch up in their from the factory im goin to a little farther. And Blur i may be able to swing a before and after also hopefuly i will be goin to louisville soon to get a car for a freind of mine so i may dyno their. then swap the intake .Also goin to paint the SSi either Red or Black dont knwo which yet
Old 02-28-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

looks great,
Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

i like it i hope i have some good reviews of this product in the next week or so .alot of ppl put it down but we will see how it does soon so keep your fingers crossed
Old 02-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Launching!

that looks likes sex
Old 02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Second Club

I would paint it to match your car. Then polish the top. Sweet!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What intake is that?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

ya i plan to polish it up alittle more tonight or tommorow to get soem more shine ..oo and its a BBK SSI intake
Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

Does it come in polished by any chance?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello, heatsoak. I'm curious as to the comparative dyno numbers. How much did that run you?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good!!! but FAST ftw..
Old 03-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Hello, heatsoak.
why do people stress on this so much? have you ever touched your intake manifold? it never gets that hot. the only time it's going to make a difference (which still won't be noticeable) is if sitting in traffic for a long time, but then you won't be racing, will you? as soon as you get moving, it'll cool off and won't be any hotter than an LS6 or FAST intake. besides, the advantage of having an aluminum intake is you can actually ICE IT DOWN in the staging lane. you can't effectively cool an LS6 or FAST intake because of the polymers they use. they're not conducive to heat (remember, "cool" is just a lesser amount of heat, but still heat nonetheless). you can actually ice down an intake like the BBK and gain over the composite materials.

heat soak, my *** yea, FAST is better, but it's also several hundred more.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
why do people stress on this so much? have you ever touched your intake manifold? it never gets that hot. the only time it's going to make a difference (which still won't be noticeable) is if sitting in traffic for a long time, but then you won't be racing, will you? as soon as you get moving, it'll cool off and won't be any hotter than an LS6 or FAST intake. besides, the advantage of having an aluminum intake is you can actually ICE IT DOWN in the staging lane. you can't effectively cool an LS6 or FAST intake because of the polymers they use. they're not conducive to heat (remember, "cool" is just a lesser amount of heat, but still heat nonetheless). you can actually ice down an intake like the BBK and gain over the composite materials.

heat soak, my *** yea, FAST is better, but it's also several hundred more.
Who said anything about stressing? Didn't realize this was going to send someone over the edge of sanity. I simply said that heatsoak is an issue, no matter how little or how much. I never said it was going to be any sort of major problem for him, but it is an issue. I'm not sure why you think it would not be any hotter than an LS6, but I'm willing to put any amount of money down that that intake WILL be hotter at any given point than a composite intake manifold. It's common sense/science. A metal intake is going to retain more heat, period. If someone wants to drive around with ice on their intake just so they can say they've disproven the whole heatsoak issue, I couldn't care less. That doesn't mean they've disproven science, though.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:02 AM
12 Second Club

im not sure if it comes in polished but i got a employee discount threw my father i got it for the price of a used ls6 intake maybe a bit less than that also .heatsoak im not really worried about i just like the looks of it and it should be as good as a ls6 intake but time will tell.Ya fast is nice but honest a fast setup i think would be overkill for my DD and ocasional strip visits and.but im sure it would still show benifits

Last edited by ls1chris; 03-01-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:05 AM
12 Second Club

also im thinking about taking a drive in my car with the stock ls1intake on it and after a while pull over and take a digital thermomoter and see what the heat is and after i install the bbk do the same just see what the difference in ..That way We can have a good judging point on the heatsoak
Old 03-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Who said anything about stressing? Didn't realize this was going to send someone over the edge of sanity. I simply said that heatsoak is an issue, no matter how little or how much. I never said it was going to be any sort of major problem for him, but it is an issue. I'm not sure why you think it would not be any hotter than an LS6, but I'm willing to put any amount of money down that that intake WILL be hotter at any given point than a composite intake manifold. It's common sense/science. A metal intake is going to retain more heat, period. If someone wants to drive around with ice on their intake just so they can say they've disproven the whole heatsoak issue, I couldn't care less. That doesn't mean they've disproven science, though.
a few things:
1.) you never pushed me over the edge of anything
2.) i never said that it won't be hotter than the LS6 intake
3.) you can't effectively ice down an LS6 or FAST intake when you can the BBK

the difference in heat when you're cruising on the street won't make a bit of difference with the BBK intake over the LS6/FAST. the engine and the air's going to be the same temperature, so it's not going to matter at all. the BBK has a huge advantage over the LS6/FAST intake at the track because you can bring a bag of ice with you and chill the intake A LOT. the aluminum is very conducive to heat unlike the LS6/FAST. since icing your intake is a form of heat transfer (there is no such thing as "cold", only adding or removing heat), the BBK will net you IAT reductions the LS6/FAST could never give you.

as it stands:
1.) the difference is negligible on the street
2.) it's an advantage at the track

that being said, assuming the BBK and FAST intakes used the exact same design and had the exact same flow/scavenging rates, the BBK would net you better gains at the track with the addition of a bag of ice. it's as simple as that. you save hundreds of dollars over the FAST intake. is the BBK as good as the FAST? no, everybody knows that, but since you can buy a BBK intake, get your throttle body CNC ported and buy an air lid for the same amount of money, it's hardly a foolish purchase. i'm just saying don't bash it.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:35 AM
12 Second Club

I was actually reading a book where they would dyno different mods on the ls1 and this intake made more power than a fast intake by itself (intake vs intake) i was tripping out when i saw it!! i forgot the name of the book, but it has a blue SS on the cover. I myself had the weiand intake and i could definetly feel a difference in power over my stock ls1 intake manifold. The heat soak was not an issue!!! So many people make a big deal about it, but its coming from the mouths of people who have never had an aluminum intake on their ls1 car.