Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

passenger pacesetter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger pacesetter?

im trying to put in pacesetters in the freezing cold and i wanna know whats the easiest way to get the old manifold off without pulling the motor? if anyone could help in would be great, thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when i did mine i had extensions connected to eachother with swivels and went at it from the bottom or if you have very small hands to can get it from the top......thats how i put the new bolt for my headers in.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:58 PM
12 Second Club

Drop it out under the car. It is the same when you put the headers in, they have to go in from the bottom. Try and lift the car as high as you can and just slide the old manifolds out and the headers in. You do NOT have to pull the motor out.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:58 PM
12 Second Club

lol...i just did this 15 minutes ago. here is the easiest way to do it.

1. Pull all your plug wires for that side.
2. Pull your coil packs. (all of this is 10mm bolts and be sure to disconnect the harness before you pull).
3. If you haven't already I'm sure you have but disconnect your egr and air lines from the header (also 10mm bolts)
4. Crawl underneath and remove the oil pan sensor using a flathead screw driver to carefully pry up the plastic clip.
5. Remove your starter (2 15mm bolts staring down at you) Then a 1/2 or 13mm bolt for your power to the starter and a 5/16 or 8mm bolt grounding it.
6. Now you can remove the 6 bolts holding the header to the head. I broke mine off from starting with the outside bolts working my way in.
7. Once you remove that last header bolt be sure to try and be supporting the header with your hand so you don't damage the spark plugs once that last bolt is out you can simply remove it from the bottom.

Let me know if you have any other questions man and good luck.

Josh
Old 03-06-2007, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

you dont have to do all that just unbolt the manifold bolts and it will drop out. I had the car on jack stands only in the front then jacked it up in the rear, the manifold droped out and the pass side header went in. make sure you do pull the plugs out from that side b/c it does take some fanessing to get in.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000BLKSupersport
you dont have to do all that just unbolt the manifold bolts and it will drop out. I had the car on jack stands only in the front then jacked it up in the rear, the manifold droped out and the pass side header went in. make sure you do pull the plugs out from that side b/c it does take some fanessing to get in.
Yeap, thats the same thing I had to do. Wasn't too difficult.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Teching In

yea but whats the easest way to get to the back manifold, it seems like the heater box is in the way?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:47 AM
9 Second Club

if you take the coil packs off it will give you more room to work with, other than that they are easy to install.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000BLKSupersport
just unbolt it and it will pretty much fall on the ground.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just unbolted mine and got it from underneath.