Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Lid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Lid?

Hey guys,

I bought a Whisper Lid and a K&N filter last year for one of the first mods to my WS6. Everything else on the car was stock at the time, except a short-shift.

Ever since I bought this damn lid, I have NEVER been able to get it to stay clamped down. One clamp ALWAYS pops off a few seconds after I put it on, no matter how I arrange it. And it also looks like its bowing slightly at the point of the clamp, as if its being forced down.

Is there a possibility its been mis-machined? I'm lost here. I have messed with it for hours before, and I don't think it's user error. I'm sure its too late now to try and return it or see if it can be swapped out. Shame on me for waiting so long I guess.

What you all think? Should I look into a new lid? or am I just pretty dumb and I am doing something wrong? Thanks as always for your help!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one of my friends had a problem like this, i came over and got in to stay down first try but that was just his... im sure youve struggled with it alot more then he did...

if you really cant get it to stay down try to see in the back if it is going completely into the slots in the rear

if everything looks fine and it just wont stay down youll opry have to buy a new one
Old 03-08-2007, 11:59 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure the front lip on the lid is tucked inside the lower airbox, not hanging out in front of it. 99% of people who can't make their clamps stay down can blame it on this.