Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backfiring?

Old 03-10-2007, 02:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Backfiring?

Well I got my Throttle back from having it Port & Polished. I cleaned a it little with greaseless lubricant, replaced a header gasket and fired it up. It nows backfires at idle! WTF?
Did the greaseless lube that I lightly sprayed on the spring and on the butterlfy (to remove a little bit of trash from the polish) effect it and make it start to backfire? I checked to see if all of the plug wires were tight and engaged, they are. Could I have done something else to make it backfire?
Surely having it port & polished effected the tune on it? I let it idle for about minutes and it would backfire about every 15 to 20 seconds, it did seam to be getting further between BURPS but I shut it down for fear of f_ _ kin somethin up. Any ideas?
Chad
Old 03-10-2007, 02:30 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have the TPS, MAF, and IAC plugged in? Does the IAC motor have the o-ring in it? (top sensor on the throttle body)

That's a strange problem, but I wouldn't blame it on the lube. A little lube never hurt nobody.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Blur, I figured it out. I removed my spark plugs during all of this to facilitate more room, when I put one of them back in I must have over toqued I guess, the ceramic body was cracked allmost all the way around. I replaced all of the plugs and she runs like a top. Thanks for the input!!
Chad

Search this Thread