Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hope i dont mess this up.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hope i dont mess this up.....

my buddy just got pacesetter LT for his 2002 Z28. and part of the reason he got them was that i said that i heard it was easy to put in pacesetters and that i would help him. I`ve never done anything like that before. so i wanna ask one time. HOW HARD/EASY IS IT?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Its not that hard; just time consuming. For your first time installing these it might take all day or a weekend. Just make sure you both have a lot of spare time to throw at this job and you'll be fine.

Ohh make sure to soak those manifold bolts with WD40 the night before.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wezie F Baby
Its not that hard; just time consuming. For your first time installing these it might take all day or a weekend. Just make sure you both have a lot of spare time to throw at this job and you'll be fine.

Ohh make sure to soak those manifold bolts with WD40 the night before.
thanks. and he didnt have to order anything else besides the headers themselfs right? everything comes with it?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would recommend getting new gaskets. The gaskets that come with pacesetters sucks major!
Old 03-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by goodrich969
I would recommend getting new gaskets. The gaskets that come with pacesetters sucks major!
oh ok. but he wont need new cats or anything right? the old cats will clamp onto the new y pipe?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pb blaster every ******* bolt you can get to and pray you dont break any/ my XS ehaders install went very well but me and my dad also took our precious time and went slow and did it right
Old 03-11-2007, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, he'll need to order a y pipe or have his existing exhaust modified to work with the exhaust. You might as well throw some plugs and wires on it too. He could also order two o2 extensions or you can extend his o2 wires with the stuff supplied, just make sure its wrapped up tight or the car will not run right once it gets wet.

Also, when your installing the driver side header, many people including myself had the pacesetter header hit the tab on the block. Some people decide to cut it off, but I decided to beat in my floor board, and then it slid right in.

You should set aside a saturday or sunday with a case of beer and dig into it.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:41 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Headers are so easy to install. It is just time consuming.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
No, he'll need to order a y pipe or have his existing exhaust modified to work with the exhaust. You might as well throw some plugs and wires on it too. He could also order two o2 extensions or you can extend his o2 wires with the stuff supplied, just make sure its wrapped up tight or the car will not run right once it gets wet.

Also, when your installing the driver side header, many people including myself had the pacesetter header hit the tab on the block. Some people decide to cut it off, but I decided to beat in my floor board, and then it slid right in.

You should set aside a saturday or sunday with a case of beer and dig into it.
thank you very much for the info. i feel a lot better doing it now. and i`ll prob make it two cases of beer.
one last question. if he doesn`t care about passing the test, would off road y pipe be easier to instal?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:30 AM
On The Tree

pacesetter headers should slide in. Mine did on my 00 SS very time consuming I would suggest getting rear o2's deleted and air!. if you can get the car lifted as high as it can and level, and they will slide right inn. things youll need= GM header gaskets.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Teching In

I did a set on my buddies 00 ta it was pretty easy we had it done within 1 day they were pacesetters
Old 03-12-2007, 01:54 AM
On The Tree

The only advice I could give you is that if you are going to do it on a driveway first put it up on ramps then when you are ready for the install lift it with a 3ton jack a bit higher but still have the tires on the ramps. I didnt have to cut nothing I just pushed them in a little hard but everything came out perfect. Just my .02
-Ivan
Old 03-12-2007, 02:02 AM
9 Second Club

just make sure you have the car high enough to slided them up from the bottom, other than that the install is a peice of cake
Old 03-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Teching In

thanks everyone.