Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to know if its worth it. (ASAP)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need to know if its worth it. (ASAP)

I've been struggling to decide whether i should do this or not for the past month or so:
I was going to gut my cats and install a dynomax bullet muffler. along with this and my existing QTP cut out i want to know if it will be annoying loud or what. I already know that its going to be raspy. Will it just be annoying or what? Should I buy high flow cats and do the same? or should i just run straight pipes. I dont want to run straight pipes b/c of inspection. I've read you can run straight pipes and weld a set of cats around them to make it look stock?...

Lastly, dos anyone have a vid/sound clip of any of these set ups i've mentioned. Thanks a lot for your help!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't gut the cats. Do the straight pipe with the shell around it if you have tough visual inspection. That way if you ever need the cats to pass (or to sell the car), you have them.

Since when are headers a problem in LA.? Seems like a ton of guys on the board from LA running them.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

ttt
ttt
Old 03-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

ttttt
Old 03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

its probably gonna be annoying loud AND raspy if you have lt's
Old 03-12-2007, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about just the bullet.

I will say that there is a reason that I swapped the mufflers on my duals from the Dynomax bullets to the Sweet Thunders. They made the car sound like a damn log truck.

Ele-blue95 has a nice setup. It's a Sweet Thunder in the I with no cats, and a Dynomax Ultra-Flo mounted in the stock location, with an e-cutout in the part of the I that exits from over the axle, before it goes into the Ultra-Flo.

His car is an LT1, but it sounds awesome. Maybe you could try something like his setup.

Do a search under my name for threads started by me in the LT1/LT4 section, and you should find a video we made at the track a while back.

FWIW, I wouldn't go with just the bullet.