Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Higher Ratio Rockers and Uprated Valve Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Higher Ratio Rockers and Uprated Valve Springs

Thinking of adding Higher Ratio Rockers and Uprated Valve Springs to my LS6 (Installed in a TVR). I do not want to change the cam from the LS6 one.

What kind of gains can be made by going to 1.7 or 1.8 rockers (what ratio is std?), and I presume that it is best to change to differnet valve springs at the same time - which ones? Hear std ones only good to the std 6500 rev limit and it I want to up my limit I need to change the springs (thinking of resetting at 6750 o 6800 (I have ARP rod bolts in it).

Cheers
Jon
Old 03-13-2007, 06:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

1.7 is standard, you wont pick up much HP. Why do you want to spin the engine higher anyway, its probably already past its peak HP point as it is, why spin it more?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brad8266
1.7 is standard, you wont pick up much HP. Why do you want to spin the engine higher anyway, its probably already past its peak HP point as it is, why spin it more?
OK - actually that make me realise that it is pointless just for few horses.

Needs a remap as have changed the exhuast a fair bit and now running a tad rich on the roller - tuner is saying he can likely dial more advance in. So likely just do this and through the money at my Griff200 (289 lump).

6500 is fine to - nothing really gets anywhere near it!!