Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone looking for more height from their TSP TD'S?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone looking for more height from their TSP TD'S?

I'm sure someone will say this thread is worthless without pics but i left my camera at home. If your turndowns and X pipe hang too low with this system, reverse your fuel line brackets! We did yesterday and my X and Turndowns are now higher than they were before the eibach springs. Very easy mod...just thought i'd throw it out there.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

This info has been around for a while. Thanks for the post though.

It's nice to see someone thought of this themselves and then posted about it, instead of whining about why their TD's didn't tuck up that high, then asking for help with it.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by W8S SS
I'm sure someone will say this thread is worthless without pics but i left my camera at home. If your turndowns and X pipe hang too low with this system, reverse your fuel line brackets! We did yesterday and my X and Turndowns are now higher than they were before the eibach springs. Very easy mod...just thought i'd throw it out there.
thanks for this info and yes I would like some pics so I could see exactly what you are reversing.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 PM
12 Second Club

i'd love to see pics....clearance is the only thing that might stop me from getting the tsp td's
Old 03-19-2007, 08:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00slowredz
i'd love to see pics....clearance is the only thing that might stop me from getting the tsp td's
You can get close to a full pop can at the lowest point without banging in the seat wells. (@ stock height)
Check my sig for pix and stuff.

Last edited by DirtyJohn; 03-19-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

What i did was with my old dumped setup was to bolt the back side of the system to the floor of the car under the rear seats, this gave me tons of clearance. I used rubber to dampen the vibrations where the exhaust bolted up at.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

You can see where the lines are reversed. This is after I got my Sweet Thunders on the car. They have AWESOME clearance.

Side shot.

Front, up under the brace. I've got about a finger's clearance when the car is on the ground. Nothing hits with the poly motor mounts.

The money shot.

Keep in mind that this is on a car with a coil cut out of the front springs, and the isolators removed in the back, so it's just a **** hair lower than stock height.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Clearance with the Jegster torque arm.

This pic shows how the bracket is flipped with the lines.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

looks puuuurrrtttyyyyy hahaha, i cant wait. i think im still gonna have to get highflow cats from what everyones saying.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah, not with your "baby" cam Just go ahead and put them on order, I wanna hear what it sounds like with dumped exhaust.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Nah, not with your "baby" cam Just go ahead and put them on order, I wanna hear what it sounds like with dumped exhaust.

i just cancelled my cred card cuz i was a day late on my payment, i have very good credit, always pay on time, usually make more then one payment a month, double payments, etc...

the ******* raised my apr from 8% to 29.99% so i told them to cancel it and i'll fill out one of the applications on my kitchen table for 0% interest for a year. so i gotta hold off on the true duals until my new card comes in lol

unless i sell my sportlines, flowmaster catback, loudmouth, and my ory
then i can afford the td's and some dr's
Old 03-19-2007, 11:22 PM
12 Second Club

btw....i like my "baby" cam
Old 03-20-2007, 02:29 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even though the fuel line trick isn't new, thanks for posting it up and showing some pics!

Looks like you spent some time making the TSP duals fit like they should!

PS - I'm adding this to the sticky.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Even though the fuel line trick isn't new, thanks for posting it up and showing some pics!

Looks like you spent some time making the TSP duals fit like they should!

PS - I'm adding this to the sticky.
I try to be helpful around here. It's my little way of giving back to the site that has saved me a bunch of money, and allowed me to get my car into the 11's SI.

If you would like Blur, I could find some time this weekend and take some GOOD pictures of my duals. They're TSP duals that have been welded with Sweet Thunders on them.

Just tell me what you want.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

alright I got under the car and did some work and found that I can get the front fuel line bracket to fit with the BMR adjustable torque arm. Not sure how this compares to the xtreme torque arm.

I cut away the metal bracket the fuel line bracket was connected to then I cut off the bottom "holders" on the rubber fuel line bracket that are against the car. Then I just adjusted the lines so I had enough clearance (close to a finger at the narrowest) and bolted the rubber fuel line bracket directly to the body. Not sure how great of an idea this is and I plan on keeping an eye on it for a while to make sure nothing is rubbing or coming loose.

It does seem to provide clearance for the fuel lines with the BMR adjustable torque arm and after temporarily putting my TDs back on I can see I have tons more clearance already.

Last edited by b3av3r; 04-14-2007 at 06:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone looking for more height from their TSP TD'S?