Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welding cats on a QTP orp

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Welding cats on a QTP orp

I need to get some cats before I get my car registered in NJ. I'm planning on just welding some high flow cats on my QTP orp. But I looked on their site, and their catted Y doesn't seem to have the exhaust hangar on the passenger side. Will it need to be cut off, or will a cat still fit in there with the hangar? Anyone done this? Pics:

Old 03-21-2007, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dunno but my friend had the catted Y and it did NOT have that hanger and it still sat under his car fine as best as I can remember... From the pics it looks like the hanger COULD still fit, but at the exact end of the cat... Sucks you gotta register the car in this damn state

-J
Old 03-21-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lastcall190
Sucks you gotta register the car in this damn state

-J
You ain't kidding. I know there is someplace that can hook me up. There's enough rods around here passing w/ no cats. But no one here will tell an outsider like me lol. I've tried to get help. Oh well. I'd like to get my car a little quieter anyways. I guess it would be okay w/o the hangar now that I think about it.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, seems everyone "knows someone" except me, I gotta try real hard by 1/08 otherwise these dumped duals are gonna have to be run out the back with cats Worst part is, the station near me fails ANYTHING if the exhaust is different. My friend failed his car STOCK with just a corsa catback... if you find someplace shoot me a PM Good luck...

-J
Old 03-21-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lastcall190
My friend failed his car STOCK with just a corsa catback... if you find someplace shoot me a PM Good luck...

-J
Heck if it gets that bad then I'll put my car in storage until I move back to Texas. I can't get any races around here anyway.