Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Spark plug?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Spark plug?

I have a huge loss of power, and my car has started to back fire once it comes back to idle. I am assuming that it is because of a bad spark plug. I had all new spark plugs put in with the cam install(20,000) miles ago. I just recently rehooker my AIR, it was leaking, but there is still a light tick on the driver side only (not the springs). And its running richer than normal. Any help would be great.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get a Scanner and check all of the Sensor readings.. are they any codes ?

When did u feel a lose of power.. right after the Cam and Plug change.. or after the AIR was reconnected ? or somewhere in the middle ?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bczee
Get a Scanner and check all of the Sensor readings.. are they any codes ?
I am with him. Even if the SES light is not on yet you can still have codes. I had to happen to me once on my old ford contour. #4 was missing bad. But no SES.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It happened after I reconnected my AIR. My AIR was leaking for some time, and just had time last week to replace the plastic T pipe and tube. I am going to scan for codes. I think its the spark plug because only on that one side is it ticking. I guess the best way to describe it, take off one of your spark plug wires, and that sound it makes. I just dont want to spend the money on spark plugs and that not be the case.

Quick Reply: Bad Spark plug?