Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

magnaflow or true duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default magnaflow or true duals

your opinions should i keep my magnaflow or go with the sweet thunders from tsp
Old 03-27-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

im getting rid of my magnaflow and getting tsp tru duals with the bullets. my friend has the tru duals with bullets. sounds sick.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

bullets!!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Regular

i was thinking sweet thunders... also my car idles at like 850 and it sounds great with the cat back but i hear more motor than exhaust at times and i want that cam heard
Old 03-28-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

bullets will definatly get that cam heard! i heard the sweet thunders...i wasnt a big fan. but thats just my opinion.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

any have clips of all 3 ive heard them all on ls1sounds but i wanna hear your guys
Old 03-28-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bullets man, I have a big lopey cam and it is heard very very well. I f'in love magnaflow, I think the most underrated exhaust ever. But bullets are badass.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

True duals with bullets sound badass for about 3-4 days. Then it just gets anoying as hell! I had them for about 3 weeks and pulled them off. I went with a magnaflow and I didnt lose any rwhp. I have a 408 and I was worried about losing power from going back to a single exhaust, and I didnt lose any, I actually picked up 3 ft. lbs.Now I can actually talk on the phone, or to passengers, and listen to the radio. And it sounds nasty at wide open throttle. You really dont pick up any rwhp from duals unless your compairing duals to stock exhaust, especially on a stock internal motor. Take your $400 that you were going to spend on duals and put it towards a nitrous kit, and really wake it up. Sound or speed?????????? Thats my $ .02
Old 03-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazyfokker
True duals with bullets sound badass for about 3-4 days. Then it just gets anoying as hell! I had them for about 3 weeks and pulled them off. I went with a magnaflow and I didnt lose any rwhp. I have a 408 and I was worried about losing power from going back to a single exhaust, and I didnt lose any, I actually picked up 3 ft. lbs.Now I can actually talk on the phone, or to passengers, and listen to the radio. And it sounds nasty at wide open throttle. You really dont pick up any rwhp from duals unless your compairing duals to stock exhaust, especially on a stock internal motor. Take your $400 that you were going to spend on duals and put it towards a nitrous kit, and really wake it up. Sound or speed?????????? Thats my $ .02

It all opinion. I have had my duals for 9 months and its my favorite feautre on my car. Gets soo many looks and people always tell me how amazing it sounds. Just get the bullets and be don with it. The interior noise doesnt bother me at all (its a damn sports car and it sure sound slike one) but some people are more "sensitive" i guess.. Like i said.. its all opinion anyway.

If it means anything.. my girlfriend LOVES it and she loves the looks we get when we go cruising.. and i dont even have the cam in yet..
Old 03-30-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think it's worth it to upgrade to duals from Magnaflow unless you like the sound, or hate the looks of the Magnaflow. I don't think there's a power advantage to speak of.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ClemsonT/A
It all opinion. I have had my duals for 9 months and its my favorite feautre on my car. Gets soo many looks and people always tell me how amazing it sounds. Just get the bullets and be don with it. The interior noise doesnt bother me at all (its a damn sports car and it sure sound slike one) but some people are more "sensitive" i guess.. Like i said.. its all opinion anyway.

If it means anything.. my girlfriend LOVES it and she loves the looks we get when we go cruising.. and i dont even have the cam in yet..

Yeah.....I guess my "quiet" 408 with 486 rwhp n/a isn't a sports car then! I couldnt help but feel like a ricer, having loud *** exhaust and 310 rwhp. Prime example of all bark and no bite, but thats just my opinion......
Old 04-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazyfokker
Yeah.....I guess my "quiet" 408 with 486 rwhp n/a isn't a sports car then! I couldnt help but feel like a ricer, having loud *** exhaust and 310 rwhp. Prime example of all bark and no bite, but thats just my opinion......
Like I said.. its all opinion. And honestly financially its not worth it to go form a magnaflow cat back to duals.

And as far as a ricer.. duals definitely dont sound the same as a weed-eater in a bucket

Lastly an ls1 with headers and duals will already have more than 310hp
Old 04-02-2007, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

I am on stock internals with true duals and sweet thunders ran out under the axle.. I'd never look back. I don't have any drone either. Tuned numbers in sig. My stock tune was terrible (318hp/340tq) and it ran a 12.9 at 107 with a slipping stock clutch, slow shifts, and bad knock sensor. Guess that makes me a ricer. lol