Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edlebrock LTs and ory w/ dual cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default edlebrock LTs and ory w/ dual cutouts

I have a chance to pick some for a good price. I did a search and didn't find much info. Are they good headers? Hows the fitment? I have a slp lm catback on it now. I know it will be loud, but i am going to wait and see just how loud. any info would be helpful. Thanks

Eric
Old 03-28-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the process of installing mine, all is good so far. I went with the fully welded set
Old 03-28-2007, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

cool....I have a friend that is selling the whole package for 350. I just hadn't heard of them on ls1s. Let me know how you like them when your done. What mufflers you have?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Launching!

i have edlebrock lt's, ory and gmmg with a dynomax bullet in the i pipe and it is still a little raspy. i can only imagine how shitty it would sound with a loudmouth. i'm going back to pacesetter's cause i hate the sound of my edlebrock's.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Interesting post.....never really thought of headers as a sound mod. Good luck with that
Old 03-28-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by zach11
i have edlebrock lt's, ory and gmmg with a dynomax bullet in the i pipe and it is still a little raspy. i can only imagine how shitty it would sound with a loudmouth. i'm going back to pacesetter's cause i hate the sound of my edlebrock's.
Changing your headers is NOT going to change the sound enough for you to hear a difference....Edelbrocks are 100x nicer/better than Pacesetters. and yes..I realize the E's are larger tubed...I have them, and they are great headers....if u r having trouble with rasp..and you even have a muffler along with GMMG ....I don't know how anything short of getting rid of your LT's altogether are going to make u happy.Maybe u should try some hi-flow cat's. [nice looking ws6..I see u got wise and got an M6 instead of a boring A4. ]

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 03-28-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by zach11
i'm going back to pacesetter's cause i hate the sound of my edlebrock's.
thats the stupidest thing ive heard all day
Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28_DAD
thats the stupidest thing ive heard all day
he used to have Pacesetters, then he switched the headers to the edelbrocks and it is actually noticeably raspier I love how people give input with no experience on the subject.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:28 AM
On The Tree

I dont think its the edelbrock's making it sound like that, its the GMMG. You just notice it more with the larger stepped header, to the larger Y pipe. Pm me when you want to sell them. I'll buy them if they are the race headers.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:49 AM
TECH Addict

One thing I've found here is that the only header info I ever heard was Kooks is the best period. If you can't afford them, then buy the Pacesetters. Those are the headers in the majority here. Any others and there will be a few posts here and there. I loved my Jethots but I didn't use the Jethot Y. Quite a few did say they thought the Edelbrock was made better than the Pacesetter, which it should be.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Redlinez
One thing I've found here is that the only header info I ever heard was Kooks is the best period. If you can't afford them, then buy the Pacesetters. Those are the headers in the majority here. Any others and there will be a few posts here and there. I loved my Jethots but I didn't use the Jethot Y. Quite a few did say they thought the Edelbrock was made better than the Pacesetter, which it should be.
i disagree with that statement. you'll likely make a few more ponies with QTP's over kooks, all for a cheaper price. not to mention QTP's look a helluva lot better.

you get kooks if you have a y-pipe setup because QTP's y-pipe isn't so good. kooks has a far superior y.

it goes:

stainless headers + TD's = QTP's
stainless headers + y-pipe = kooks
mild steel = pacesetters
best performance = QTP's

edelbrocks are a better header than pacesetters. their downfall is their headers are painted.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i disagree with that statement. you'll likely make a few more ponies with QTP's over kooks, all for a cheaper price. not to mention QTP's look a helluva lot better.

you get kooks if you have a y-pipe setup because QTP's y-pipe isn't so good. kooks has a far superior y.

it goes:

stainless headers + TD's = QTP's
stainless headers + y-pipe = kooks
mild steel = pacesetters
best performance = QTP's

edelbrocks are a better header than pacesetters. their downfall is their headers are painted.
I agree somewhat....but for best performance....I'm not sure QTP would necessarily get the nod. For the same reason you think QTP makes more power... is the same reason the Edelbrocks are equal or better. They have HVMC and are stepped which will help power output, and Torque as well even on stock CI. Its been discussed before. I agree that Pacesetter's are a nice header, but Edelbrocks are hands down a nicer, higher quality item. I did choose the Edelbrocks, and the Y pipe is also a much better piece then the QTP/Pacesetter Y pipe(although still mild steel). Edelbrocks are also offered in Stainless, and the Y is also offered in stainless....So I would probably buy the Edelbrock over the QTP if I was looking for a stainless Header/ORY combo.

To the threadstarter, The Edelbrock Headers/ORY with electric cutouts sounds like it certainly worth it, and If your in the market for headers i see no reason not to purchase. I would look for a different alternative for a catback if you do get it though.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Edelbrock come in a stepped 1 3/4 to 1 1 7/8 i think for around 620 bucks stainless steel may i add and the stainless ypipe is around 180 i think. The problem is its a slip fit
Old 04-10-2007, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 92SilverSHO
Edelbrock come in a stepped 1 3/4 to 1 1 7/8 i think for around 620 bucks stainless steel may i add and the stainless ypipe is around 180 i think. The problem is its a slip fit
Slip fit really isn't a problem, I do understand that some don't like it but You can easily have an exhaust shop weld them up if you don't feel confident in running them in slip on style. To some this may deter them from running these headers but it is really a simple solution.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

I wasn't talking about QTP's, just headers in general. You think QTP's are better than Kooks? I bet there are quite a few who would disagree. You know how it goes, Ford > GM so forth and so on. I think those with experience on the board are tired of replying to the same ol topics as well. For the price QTP is selling them for, I couldn't say no. Otherwise I was going Edelbrock, but wasn't thrilled with the slip fit collectors.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
I agree somewhat....but for best performance....I'm not sure QTP would necessarily get the nod. For the same reason you think QTP makes more power... is the same reason the Edelbrocks are equal or better. They have HVMC and are stepped which will help power output, and Torque as well even on stock CI. Its been discussed before. I agree that Pacesetter's are a nice header, but Edelbrocks are hands down a nicer, higher quality item. I did choose the Edelbrocks, and the Y pipe is also a much better piece then the QTP/Pacesetter Y pipe(although still mild steel). Edelbrocks are also offered in Stainless, and the Y is also offered in stainless....So I would probably buy the Edelbrock over the QTP if I was looking for a stainless Header/ORY combo.

To the threadstarter, The Edelbrock Headers/ORY with electric cutouts sounds like it certainly worth it, and If your in the market for headers i see no reason not to purchase. I would look for a different alternative for a catback if you do get it though.
i never said the edelbrock wasn't a better header. it's definitely a better design than pacesetter and a much better made header, but it's painted. that loses major points.

yes, the edelbrock will perform probably about the same as the QTP, but the QTP is stainless. this puts it above and beyond the edelbrock in the quality department. for the best performing high quality header, QTP is it - which is why i just bought a set. for the best performing non-stainless header, it's edelbrock for sure. if only they offered stainless headers that are fully welded with emissions fittings. if they had that, i may have went for them over QTP assuming research panned out.
Originally Posted by Redlinez
I wasn't talking about QTP's, just headers in general. You think QTP's are better than Kooks? I bet there are quite a few who would disagree.
QTP's are the better performer. they have HVMC's, kooks does not. QTP's are equal length, kooks are not. QTP's are the ONLY equal length header for the f-body. they're also fully polished. kooks are quite ugly, or at least they were. i heard rumors that they were going to start polishing them up like QTP's. kooks are also more expensive.

usually people say kooks fit better than QTP's. i don't believe that. that varies from car to car. no f-body is 100% the same, and some people have no problem installing headers and for others it's a nightmare.

again, i see no reason why kooks would be the better header. QTP's look nicer, they will perform better (even if it's just marginally), they'll last just as long, they're equal length and they're cheaper to boot. why would anyone say kooks are better than QTP's? well, because either:
1.) they have kooks and are only voting because they own a set
2.) they are talking about their y-pipe

yes, the kooks y-pipe is far superior to the QTP y-pipe, but in terms of headers, IMO QTP's are clearly superior.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

I bought them cuz they were the cheapest stainless I found. My Jethots were fine with me, but I decided to go stainless. I can at least provide dyno numbers, unlike most. My Jethots made 30 and 33 to the tires, which I was quite happy with. Sorry to the OP. I hope you're right and these things rock, which I still haven't recieved BTW.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

i never said the edelbrock wasn't a better header. it's definitely a better design than pacesetter and a much better made header, but it's painted. that loses major points.

yes, the edelbrock will perform probably about the same as the QTP, but the QTP is stainless. this puts it above and beyond the edelbrock in the quality department.
You should research before you post. The edelbrock comes IN STAINLESS along with a STAINLESS Y PIPE.

QTP's are the better performer. they have HVMC's, kooks does not. QTP's are equal length, kooks are not. QTP's are the ONLY equal length header for the f-body. they're also fully polished. kooks are quite ugly, or at least they were.
I want to see a test where the QTP beats the Kooks. Both are a high quality header. These are polished, these are ugly...Who cares? You cant see them once they are in the car!

yes, the kooks y-pipe is far superior to the QTP y-pipe
Why do you keep saying this? The Kooks Y pipe sucks! It looks like the jet hot/hooker Y pipe, its just a pipe brought into another, the merge couldnt be any worse! The QTP has the best merge, and I dont even own a pair! It uses the flowmaster merge!!!! It couldnt get any smoother! Next would have to me the Edelbrock Y pipe as it is just a mini version of the QTP!!!

QTP= http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/...ls1headers.php

Kooks= http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/show.php?pid=187

Edelbrock = http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ers_race.shtml

And you think the kooks is the best one out of those?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

I'm looking at the Edelbrock webpage and I don't know which to get.
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ers_race.shtml

I was going to get the #65703, which are slip on and just have them welded. Why are #65683 $110 more?

So if I was to get #65703 and the ORY #6571, it would come out to $410 +$106 = $516, which is basically what the Coated Pacesetters sell for. I always thought Edelbrocks were more. Is this the combo you guys got? I don't want EGR or AIR.

I got my prices from a sponsor.
http://www.byunspeed.com/index.php?o...&filter_id=118
Old 04-19-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Does anyone have a picture of the ground clearance of the race headers? I'm especially interested in a picture from beneath, of the headers installed, near the oil pan.