Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 to FAST 90 and coolant lines!! help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 to FAST 90 and coolant lines!! help

I just got a ported FAST 90 intake but i have a LS1 style intake (my car is a 99)! so everyone told me that i need LS6 coolant lines for the FAST. so i bought a coolant line kit from the WS6 store.com that is made for this exact setup! but now some people are saying that i can overheat #7 with LS6 coolant lines! the thing is that the FAST is already to low and i cant run LS1 lines thats why i got the LS6 coolant kit but i dont want to overheat the car eighther!!!! so all you guys that had a LS1 style intake and swicht to a FAST what did you do? HELP!! Thanks!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

I've never heard of overheating.
I got the LS6 kit I think with mine, includes the 2 plugs for the rear and the front crossover to go under the TB and to the radiator.
took some bending to fit on the front b/c of the size of the mouth on the FAST 90, but no, never heard of overheating, at least not until now.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've never heard of the overheating problem either...

I simply cut off the back ends of my old crossover pipe, plugged them up and bolted them back down. I cut off the front portion and had to bend it a bit to make it fit, but after that it worked fine with my 90/90 setup...