Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused on all the exhaust brands

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused on all the exhaust brands

Hi guys i am a guy from denmark. copenhagen. and i have an Camaro z28 5.7L Ls1 from 1998 . i have searched now in a long time for an complete exhaust system. Headers Cat sport converters. Y pipe and cath back. a complete set from top to bottom with a good finish and nice quality . BuT there is so many diffrent brand and here in denmark we dont sell any of the brands because there is no american cars here . so i rly dont know wht is good.... hooker? borla? i think borlas exhaust cathback looks nice and with a good finish . But they dont make a headers system with cat convert to my car. I Want a Complete Set with The best effect,sound,qulity for my money . So if any in here knows or can recorment A nice exhaust system to my car i would be really greatfull for the help.

From Casper DK
Old 04-01-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get some nice CERAMIC COATED pace setter headers, their Off Road Y pipe, and a Borla adjsutable cat-back
Old 04-01-2007, 07:44 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get the headers he mentioned, but have your own y-pipe or x pipe made. Don't get an off the shelf. They always have a terrible fit.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you looking to get the most gains or a loud or quiet set up and how much do you want to spend because these things will make a difference in a good setup for what you want.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Internet Mechanic

Dynatech Stainless Steel Headers mated to a Corsa Exhaust. Will be amazing, Mine is getting welded up this week, you can hear it when I post a link
Old 04-02-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

take a look at www.ls1sounds,com and listen to all the different exausts and I strongly recommend a set of stainless steel headers if you can afford them.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

A lot of this will depend on your goals.

Want the best stainless header? QTP or Kooks.

On a budget? Coated Pacesetter, hands down.

Like a nice rumble not too loud good WOT good sound all around? Magnaflow catback is highly regarded.

ypipe? I would buy cats and collector separately, and have an exhaust shop build your Y on the car. Cheaper and will fit better.

There is no off-the-shelf 1-brand for our cars...

I would recommend: coated Pacesetter headers, custom catted ypipe with magnaflow ceramic core cats (contact EAD Performance for a quote for the cats, if you can't source them locally), Magnaflow catback. You should gain a good 30+ rwhp with tuning. Get a tune after you get all the boltons you are going to get, ie, ls6 intake, ported TB, headers, THEN get a tune. You will have a totally different car, with great powerband, that you will enjoy even more to drive everyday.