Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Leak, off of Manifold. Help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 06:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vacuum Leak, off of Manifold. Help needed.

Well I just noticed I have a very bad vacuum leak, On the passenger side, right behind the TB, It is a big line maybe 3/4", It travels from behind the TB all along the Passenger side valve cover and back behind the engine, What line is that for? Is it to my air?

My car is an 02 Z28, no egr but it has the air and I disconected it when I put my headers on. They have been on for about 6 months, The hose just kind of collapsed and has about a 1/4" hole and when I put my finger over it the engine RPM, Drops really low, almost to a stall point. But when I don't put my finger over the hole, it will idle about 8 to 900 rpm, In park that is.

If it is my air, were and how can I cap that port off, and how can I keep my car's RPM's up? because I think If I was to put it in gear and that hole be blocked the car would die, or really be sluggish.

Any takers????

Thanks in advance
Old 04-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Launching!

it is part of your pcv valve put a new hose on it. it will cause your car to run like crap
Old 04-02-2007, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Ok thanks, I appriciate the fast response, But why when I plug the hole my RPM's drop so mutch.

No telling how long it has been like that, because My car is so damn loud I can barely here my cell phone go off, when it is sitting in my lap. lol.

Lane

Last edited by crazylane; 04-02-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Launching!

well the computer had to make up for that extra air getting in and then when u plug it you have all that extra fuel dumping in and that will almost cause it to stall and then it needs to reajust. fix the leak and drive the car for awile then the computer will relearn the fuel trims
Old 04-03-2007, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by slammedchevy
well the computer had to make up for that extra air getting in and then when u plug it you have all that extra fuel dumping in and that will almost cause it to stall and then it needs to reajust. fix the leak and drive the car for awile then the computer will relearn the fuel trims
It happened to my friends car, after you fix the leek the computer will fix itself.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah.. Metered Air, the PCM manages and set the amount of air and fuel. The MAF meteres this and the PCM manages the A/F Ratio, but the amount that the PCV lets in is after the MAF. If you plug it.. your A/F ratio will be changed (rich).