Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Quick exhaust question

Ok so i plan on getting some Kooks lt's and ory for my car but i cant decide what I want to do for the cat back....first i thought i would just buy a borla X1R race bullet and stick it on the end of the Y but i think that would be too loud. So i decided I want a real muffler and I decided on magnaflow b.c I want to keep everything stainless. So...my question is, how much hp do you guys think I would be leaving on the table by buying this muffler and having it welded on vs getting the whole magnaflow cb......here's the link to the muffler....Magnaflow Muffler (mods if i need to remove this let me know). anyways, Im thinking If I can save $300 and lose like 5HP then why not do it and just have the muffler welded in and get some turn downs, camaros w/o tips in the back are growing on me....so tell me what you guys think.

-Chris
Old 04-02-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the magnaflow muffler that comes on the cat-back is a straight through design so it doesnt loose much at all
Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you dont think I would really leave any hp behind by just using the stock exhaust piping from the y-pipe back versus buying the maganflow catback?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no not really. not much anyway. if youre really that worried about it then put a cutout at the end of the y pipe and forget about a muffler and sue all the stock stuff and have a sleeper
Old 04-02-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok, thanks for answering my question man, im just gonna buy the magnflow muffler and a cut-out