Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed headers and ory have some problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed headers and ory have some problems

i installed my headers and ory pipe..changed the spark plugs and wires..
now i have multiple random misfire...just wondering i didnt use those stock metal caps the wires go in...should i have or does that matter?

i got codes p1133

P0153 02 codes

P0160

and of course the egr code and rear o2 codes...
i used o2 extensions...not sure why they are saying insufficient activity...maybe due to not to be heating quick enough is there a way to fix that with going out and buying new 02's

on the day of the install the car was runing decent the next day everything started to go crazy..i stalled out twice today and i have an a4..

how should i go by fixing the misfire...should i just pretty much check all my plugs and wires...or is there someway to find out which cylinders has the misfire..
anyways any help would be appreciated
Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttt...
Old 04-03-2007, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- P1133/P0153 Are your connections and wiring for the O2s 100% good?

- P0160 is for the Bank 2 Sensor 2 which is the aft cat sensor. That is there only because you're running an ORY. The aft cat O2s have nothing to do with driveability, and are there basically to monitor the "health" of the converters. That code can be deleted with a tune.

As for your misfires I'm guessing that you either didn't get one or more plug wires back on all the way, or perhaps you didn't get a plug tightened all the way... That is if you removed the plugs. If you didn't there is a chance the porcelain is damaged and the plug is arcing over to the head or header. If it is idling rough you can unhook one plug wire at a time, note if there is a change in the idle and then reattach it. When you find the cylinder(s) that don't effect the idle when the wire is unhooked that's where your misfire is.