Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks Header's and Catted Y Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kooks Header's and Catted Y Advice Needed

I did a lot of research before ordering this setup and read as many posts as I could find. I ordered the Kooks headers along with the 3" catted Y (all stainless) for my 2000 WS6. After doing a "dry run" assembly in my livingroom I'm wondering if I got the wrong Y or if the bends are incorrect. There's only about 2 ft between the headers! I've read that the Y pipe can be a pain but if you look at the pictures, the set up looks out of shape. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions for the install? Make it work or return it? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Kooks Header's and Catted Y Advice Needed-exhaust-1.jpg   Kooks Header's and Catted Y Advice Needed-exhaust-2.jpg   Kooks Header's and Catted Y Advice Needed-exhaust-3.jpg  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Looks fine to me. Go ahead and install them. You may have some jacking and tweaking here and there, but that's all in the game.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like magic to me. That's how mine looks. The Y-pipe is in the shape of the factory Y with the crimp. When you put just the headers on, the drivers side will point a little towards the door. They both won't point straight towards the back like you think they might. You're fine.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to the forum. everything looks to be good. where in Mass are you from?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Another looks good to me...mine looked a bit off when I pre-assembled them. But once I got the headers on and the y-pipe under the car, everything turned out fine.

Took a bit of adjustment to get everything to fit, but overall, I was real pleased.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Etty X
I did a lot of research before ordering this setup and read as many posts as I could find. I ordered the Kooks headers along with the 3" catted Y (all stainless) for my 2000 WS6. After doing a "dry run" assembly in my livingroom I'm wondering if I got the wrong Y or if the bends are incorrect. There's only about 2 ft between the headers! I've read that the Y pipe can be a pain but if you look at the pictures, the set up looks out of shape. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions for the install? Make it work or return it? Thanks
mine are on my car with my build...look in sig.. it works and has plenty of ground clearance
Old 04-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys. It's a lot of money for this stuff so I just wanna make sure I get it right. I can't wait to do the install next week. The next adventure will be tuning.

TheSilverOne: I'm from Bolton. Small town half way between Worcester and Boston.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup, its right. I just got mine today and im soooo freakin pumped about these!!! They look awesome. However Im pissed that its snowing at my house right now. I just wanna get my car out and start working but its still in storage so these couldnt have come at a better time! Now get those installed and get some sound clips up (i too have borla and the same set up as now) Good Purchase.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:37 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Etty X
There's only about 2 ft between the headers!
That's right where the motor goes!

They look fine to me. Good luck with the install. Get the car up plenty high, the driver side header likes to go in with the collector pointing almost vertical.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just went and looked at mine. Is identical to your set-up.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not too far from me. As for tuning, PM Slowhawk. Stop by the Eastern Section and introduce yourself.