Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Customer over the axle

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Customer over the axle

All done in 304 Stainless and TIG welded.

Full 3" all the way out the back

Systems details:

-Kooks 1-3/4" headers
-No Cats but designed to swap Dynacat powercats in/out
-Stainless Works X pipe
-Magaflow 4" round mufflers (3" in/out)
-Magnaflow 4" tips
-5 band clamps & 2 V-band clamps

some pics are below but more can be found at http://blaster227.googlepages.com/car

Old 04-07-2007, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a nice setup how much did all that cost?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Been there, done that.. Lot's of work there, expecially with your TA. And if you have good clearance, they did a great job.

Lane
Old 04-07-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

sound clips would be nice. looks good tho!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSJIMMY
Thats a nice setup how much did all that cost?
Alot. Work was done in stages. Ran with dumps for about 2 years and then went up and over. 2K in labor and parts

Originally Posted by Lane
Been there, done that.. Lot's of work there, expecially with your TA. And if you have good clearance, they did a great job.
It's tucked up as best as we could do it. I'm stock height so my clearance is good.

Originally Posted by jlashley2001ss
sound clips would be nice. looks good tho!
There is a link in my sig and LS1sounds has clips of my pre-cam dump setup with the older edlebrock mufflers.

Here's in the car with the dumps & edlebrock mufflers

Click here to see Video

Here's in the car with the over the axle & magnaflow mufflers

Click here to see Video
Old 04-08-2007, 09:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought that there is no room on the left side over the axel what did you do?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe you got rid of the Edlebrock setup, that sounded badass IMO. All that work banging in the floorboards for full size mufflers and you went back with little can mufflers. Why did they use all stainless everywhere but ended up with rusty crap u-bolt hangers on the back of the mufflers? None of this makes sense.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

2k for exhaust, F that
Old 04-08-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Can't believe you got rid of the Edlebrock setup, that sounded badass IMO. All that work banging in the floorboards for full size mufflers and you went back with little can mufflers. Why did they use all stainless everywhere but ended up with rusty crap u-bolt hangers on the back of the mufflers? None of this makes sense.
It did sound nice but I wanted something a little louder. I knew if I went over the axle it would be even quieter. Trouble is now, I lost the deepness of the exhaust but I am still happy with it, overall.

The u bolt hangers were rusty becasue they were mild steel. I didn't have stainless one. They are now painted silver so they actually look pretty sharp. I would have rather had the hangers welded on and got rid of the clamps all together but my fabricator suggested I keep them for flexibility.

Last edited by BLASTER; 04-08-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mula
2k for exhaust, F that
The next time you want to post something this constructive, make sure you tell someone who cares that you don't want to pay that much.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

No offense man, but the piping to the x and the x transition look horrible... Way too many bends.. The over the axle part looks amazing but I'm just not feeling it man. Sounds good though?
Old 04-08-2007, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

Hell,looks ok to me.Trying to run x pipe and full duels on a f body is not that easy,just gettin' a y pipe to fit with some clearance is a task,sh*t i'd rather try to give a ant an enema than to fight running duels all the way.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by streetlegalls1
Hell,looks ok to me.Trying to run x pipe and full duels on a f body is not that easy,just gettin' a y pipe to fit with some clearance is a task,sh*t i'd rather try to give a ant an enema than to fight running duels all the way.
It is easy if someone is confident and has the skill. I'll take pictures of my under the axle duals that tuck better than any exhaust you've ever seen.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4mula
2k for exhaust, F that

For a hand made custom setup out of stainless steel, its not that bad. I'm at about $2300 on my C5 with Kooks LT's and a Corsa catback. I could have bought some piece of **** ebay headers or Pace Setters and had Billy Bob bend me something out of mild steel that would fit like **** and last for about 6 months, but like this guy I wanted something that looked good, sounded good, performed good, and will last.

With that aside, the system looks great! How is it going over bumps, does it bang on the drivers side? Oh yeah, throw some rustoleum on that rear end!
Old 04-08-2007, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
For a hand made custom setup out of stainless steel, its not that bad. I'm at about $2300 on my C5 with Kooks LT's and a Corsa catback. I could have bought some piece of **** ebay headers or Pace Setters and had Billy Bob bend me something out of mild steel that would fit like **** and last for about 6 months, but like this guy I wanted something that looked good, sounded good, performed good, and will last.

With that aside, the system looks great! How is it going over bumps, does it bang on the drivers side? Oh yeah, throw some rustoleum on that rear end!
Ah come on,the coated pace setters are'nt that bad. They fit good,make good power,and look nice
Old 04-08-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

The other video isn't up yet up but this is on the dyno with the new mufflers .....

It resonates a little and bouncing off the back wall dosen't help. I will try to get a vid on the street when I get some time.

Click here to see Video

I was only giving an account on what I did to benifit others.

I had reservations about divulging cost because people would get all crazy about it.

FWIW, I helped build the system and I put over 16 hours into it with the fabricator. I didn't just stand around or drop the car off. Putting together a custome setup that tucks up nice, has awesome TIG welds, dosen't rattle, dosen't bang or anything else, takes alot of time. I know what the parts cost because I bought them and I know the time it took.

To everyone that had compliments, thanks very much.

To those that have something negative to say, please keep it to yourself and move along.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

2k doesnt is that with the headers included in that price too? even so its all stainless which is what i would like to do some day too. everyone has differeent plans for there car and to me i want the best the first time i do it and if it costs alot then so be it just save more money instead of buying the cheapest stuff. always buy the best products not the best price.

anways looks good cant wait to some day have true duals also.