Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(PICS) BBK intake instal and painted valve covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default (PICS) BBK intake instal and painted valve covers

well they not bolted down yet just put them on to get a idea of how they will look together so what do you guys think so far..im also curios on the bbk intake i have a small gap around the base of the intake that ppl say it allows more air to come into the intake to keep it cooler but im not for sure.

And here is the gap i was telling you guys about its that normal or what ????

Old 04-08-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, lookin' good. I think the o-rings should seal up the manifold, and the gaps wont matter.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:20 PM
That's what she said...

Cool deal. The gaps will close when you bolt it down, don't worry at all.

PS - you can remove the power steering pump without removing the pulley etc. You can remove the top passenger side bolt, then grab the top driver side bolt a little at a time for 1/4" or so, then remove the bottom bolt 1/4" or so and go back to the top. Repeat this process a few times and it will be off. A 15mm shallow socket and a swivel joint will allow access to the bottom bolt.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

thanks guys .blur i wish i knew that before hand lol .But this was my first time doin a cam and intake install so it was a major learning process for me .Being me and just a few friends did it.i belive in the futur i will be able to do cam swaps alot quicker knowing know what i do .but should have a video this week of first fire up with the cam .just waiting on the pcm to get back from TSP
Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 AM
That's what she said...

You shouldn't have had to remove any of the PS pump to get the cam out lol. Live 'n learn is what I say.

LS1howto.com outlines cam and H/C swaps pretty well if you hadn't run across that one yet. Keep up the good work, looks clean.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks, good.
what are you doing for coolent tubes, BBK runner7 is a little bulky. And its close to rubbing the coolent tube, if you cap yours. Its close to the tube coiming out of the coolent tube block. And if you have the time, blending the inlet of the plume off the TB bore. As cast there a edge right there, just radius it inot the plume better, and look for boggers in the inside turn of the running inlets.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:26 AM
12 Second Club

i was goin to try and resuse the stock colant tubes .had a few ppl tell me that you can reuse them with this intake how true that is i have yet to see.im goin to try tommorw and see how it all sits after i get the valve covers bolted down .if i cant get it to work i guess ill have to get some ls6 colant tubes
Old 04-09-2007, 03:24 AM
TECH Veteran

That looks good