Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volant Installed on an 04!!!!! Check It Out!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volant Installed on an 04!!!!! Check It Out!!!!

---Well, I took the chance and got the volant and installed it on my 04 even though they were meant for the 05/06. Install was actually fairly simple, as I was told that it would not fit and I would need to relocate a part or two. Which in fact I didn't end up having to do at all!
---The coolant reservoir had to be pulled back, and the heat shield had to be removed from the front of the ECU/ECM whatever you may call it, lol. Then, the two bolts holding the ECM in have to be removed, then push the computer back towards the firewall. This enables you to easily slide the intake box down into place. It is only possible to get the rear(closest to firewall) bolt back in, however it holds well, as the box holds the front bracket back. I then reinstalled the heat shield with no problems. I also had to drill a small hole to fit the intake temp sensor back into the tube. From there, it was all gravy. So for those of you other 2004 owners, the volant will fit with a little custom work!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Looks great! Do you like the quality of Volant?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sbusby
Looks great! Do you like the quality of Volant?
Yes, love it. I had liked the look of the volant since I bought the car, but never went through with the purchase since I was told it would never fit, and a good used deal came across, so I figured why not take the chance. Fits like a glove!!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Man that is clean as hell how where tha gains on it ?