Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle cable ~1/2" too short

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Throttle cable ~1/2" too short

I've done several searches, but could not find an answer. I just installed a Professional Products throttle body on my '99 Z28 with cruise and traction control. My problem is the spacer that comes with the throttle body causes the throttle cable to be too short. Without the spacer it works fine. What is the proper way to adjust the cable so that it is 1/2" longer?

Old 04-10-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing you can try. Use a Lokar cable, they have on for a LS1 setup. It should be long enough for your mod.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Teching In

There should be a cylinder in-line about halfway between the tb and the cruise controller. Undo the clip on that cylinder, and adjust it by sliding it one way or the other(I forget which way). But, through trial and error, you'll figure it out. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheClassic
There should be a cylinder in-line about halfway between the tb and the cruise controller. Undo the clip on that cylinder, and adjust it by sliding it one way or the other(I forget which way). But, through trial and error, you'll figure it out. Good luck.
Thanks man. That fixed it.

Quick Reply: Throttle cable ~1/2" too short