Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5 duals over the axle

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2.5 duals over the axle

Who here has put together a custom system with dual 2.5" over the axle? I have the LM1 in there now but I'm wanting to put in the Magnaflow X pipe in place of my Mac Y merge pipe and run 2.5 duals over the axle to meet up with my LM out the back. So, I don't need a whole kit .. just the pipes with the over the axle bends already in them that my exhaust guy can fab up to it.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-13-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search is one option. Tons of threads talking about this. Just buy some mandrel bends and take them to him to weld it up. Running both pipes on the passenger side is much easier than one on both sides. You aren't going to find any bends made specifically for our cars to go over the axle for duals without buying the kit like Bassani. All of the bends will have to be custom mounted and cut.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Jr28750 I'm trying to picture what you are trying do or want and I don't see it happening. You are defeating te purpose of having tru duals merging it into the LM1.
Hey if I'm wrong I stand corrected.

Maybe merging into 2 LM1's will give you what you're looking for.

And I forgot to ask, is this for performance or sound....Maybe both ?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I've tried the search. All I come up with is a lot of dual KITS .. and they are designed to work with a specific header or Y combo. I've even called SLP, TSP and Kooks and none offer just the over the axle bends.

I am looking at doing just that (ordering mandrel bends) ... I'm thinking the 180 will have the bend he can't duplicate. I'm assuming he can make his own 45's (not mandrel bent).

As to merging with my LM1 .. like I said, just what's there behind the axle (it's dual 2.5" already). Basically, the only thing left of the LM1 would be the exit pipes and tips.

I was hoping someone who's already went this route would have some info .. ie. Part #'s / manufacturer.

This is strickly a performance upgrade.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:09 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let me find you the link to my custom 2.5" over the axle.

Last edited by orangeapeel; 04-14-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know why you would want to keep those rear most sections from the LM...
I'd say just sell the LM and do it right, why do a hack job like that and try to use a regular cat-back to build a TD set-up???

You can see my True-dual's which I had done by American Racing Headers in the thread below. I couldn't be happier with their work and customer service

American Racing Headers True-Dual's
Old 04-14-2007, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

There are pics of mine in the car domain link in my sig. 2.5" mandrel bent over axle true duals.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

Cobrakiller: I've given that some thought lately, better to sell my LM1 cat-back and have it done from scratch (Y merge back). It'll probably be my best option. I really like the way you're is done, it's exactly what I'm looking for!

Zeus: I've seen yours before (in the sticky) .. Another example of what I'm looking for! Since you're in NC .. Who done yours?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by junior28570
Cobrakiller: I've given that some thought lately, better to sell my LM1 cat-back and have it done from scratch (Y merge back). It'll probably be my best option. I really like the way you're is done, it's exactly what I'm looking for!

Zeus: I've seen yours before (in the sticky) .. Another example of what I'm looking for! Since you're in NC .. Who done yours?
All Pro Exhaust & Performance in Fayetteville. He takes pride in his work. So much pride, he won't hire anyone to work for him other than his brother...so there is usually a waiting list to get work done. But its well worth the wait.

Ken
Old 04-15-2007, 04:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
All Pro Exhaust & Performance in Fayetteville. He takes pride in his work. So much pride, he won't hire anyone to work for him other than his brother...so there is usually a waiting list to get work done. But its well worth the wait.

Ken
Cool ... I'll look them up!

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

junior, my exhaust looks just like yours, and neither are tuned at all. There is ALOT more pipe on the drivers side than there is on the passenger side. Do you also get rasp that comes from the pipe on the passenger side?