Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn AIR System....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Damn AIR System....

Ive gotten the entire AIR system off of my car except the little T connector above the intake manifold on the drivers side. I cant get the 15mm bolt on the back of the block off. Does anyone know any tips or special tools that make it easer to get that thing off? I must have been out there for about 2 hrs just working on that bolt. Also, will just having that single connector left there be bad for the car? Im just unsure about that single vaccume hose you have to plug that stays attached to the car. I didnt want to leave a vaccume leak open. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned

I took a cheap 15mm boxed end wrench and flattened it out a little so it would go on the bolt head and still be reachable enough to turn.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Yeah that bolt on the back of the block was a PITA to get off. What I found was that the brake booster vacuum hose was getting in the way when I would try to get the wrench on. I actually took a piece of string and looped it around the hose back there then slightly pulled it up and tied it to the cowl. Then I could get the wrench in there easily and got it right out. I just plugged the small vacuum hose with a screw.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I yanked a little harder than I should have and mine just sort of popped off that little bracket, doesn't look like it broke the part, it just came off so I left the bracket on.

I'll take it off when I have more time to **** with it
Old 04-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Teching In

lol same here