Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pacesetters uncoated

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pacesetters uncoated

i wanted to get uncoated pacesetter and i wanted to know if there would be any problems with them in the long run do to the heat
Old 04-18-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Been running them now for 4 yrs. Rust is going to happen no matter what so just expect it especially on the collectors under the car. As for the top part, mine has minimal rust and they seem to be holding up great.

I wasn't worried about looks, I was on a budget build and that's why I went with them.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Launching!

I have uncoated flowtechs and they are holding up fine. I have always gone withuncoated, except once when I got jet hots and they started rusting after 4 months, so never again. I've had uncoated headers last ten years, and this is through michigan driving with salt all over the road.
coated are less hot and would keep the bay cooler, but not to sure how much that would affect performance, I doubt you'd see any difference at the track, but it may bring 1-2 horses over uncoated.