Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

center exit exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default center exit exhaust?

who makes center exit exhaust for ls1 ss's? my loudmouth exhaust is alittle too loud for me and want something new. thanks
Old 04-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

If you want the original SLP setup like on the car in my sig, it is no longer made. You can find the parts on Ebay from time to time, but you'd best be expecting to pay upwards of $1000+ to get your hands on the real deal. There are other tips out there, but none look as good as the original to me. Same goes for the valence.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya, your tips are exactly what i want!! what muffler do you use? my loudmouth 2 is, well, to loud for my taste. how much quieter is your set up.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The original setup is a SLP dual/dual exhaust with the centermount dual exhaust tips. The dual/dual is a nice quiet exhaust with good flow. As mentioned above, the valance and tips are expensive.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by jimmyducati
ya, your tips are exactly what i want!! what muffler do you use? my loudmouth 2 is, well, to loud for my taste. how much quieter is your set up.
My setup isn't remotely stock, and is probably louder than what you have now. If you click on my sig pic and look at the pictures on my FQuick site, you'll see what I'm dealing with - it is a custom fabbed dual setup, no cats, and using two bullet mufflers. Every cop in a two mile radius knows I'm coming - as a matter of fact, as I was driving around looking for something, my girlfriend was coming out of the gym, and she heard my car over a half mile away, and I was doing no more than 25 MPH.

The dual/dual muffler it originally came with would be more up your alley, but you can make nearly any muffler work with these tips. I just chose to do a loud setup for personal reasons.