Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing my Loudmouth i got from New Era Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing my Loudmouth i got from New Era Performance

Got my Loudmouth Exhaust in record time from New Era Performance Parts in Rochester, N.Y. I have it almost done in one afternoon in my garage. Took a little bit of work to get the stock exhaust out.
My question is, The exhaust tips seem close to my bumber cover on the passenger side. That is the side the the Y section comes over the axle. When you mounted the system to the origonal bracket/hanger on that side, did anyone have to just use the lower mounting hole to lower the exit height? I had everthing adjusted and started buttoning everything up but the tips are too high to install mostly on the passenger side. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine looked a little close to the bumper cover on the passenger side too. I just had to adjust it out through turning the resonator and it's adjoining front pipe like an ecentric. Worked for me it, just takes time to get it right!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the reply. I Played around a bit more last night. i Figured it will only go as low as the hanger bracket will let it. I Put a piece of rubber above the bracket to lower it about 1/4 inch more. This seemed to work ok. It is still fairly close though, i don't want to burn the bumber cover. I will try you method and see if it makes a difference when i get some more time. Thanks again