Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Era PTB....Now NO CRUISE???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question New Era PTB....Now NO CRUISE???

Hey guys,

I am not sure if these two things are related but here is the story....

The only thing I have done to my car while in storage is send my throttle body off to New Era to have it ported. Well, I put it on today and took the car out for it's first spin of spring, and my cruise doesn't work now!...

I am not sure if these things are related, or if it just coincidental? I have checked the fuses, and relays, and they are fine....Is there anything I am missing? Or do you have any ideas that might help me out?

Thanks in advance! Let's see if LS1Tech can save me $$$ again!

-James
Old 04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Prolly gonna sound like a silly question, but did you remember to hook the linkage back up when you put it back on?
Old 04-19-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Red99TransAm
Prolly gonna sound like a silly question, but did you remember to hook the linkage back up when you put it back on?
Haha, yeah I clipped the black plastic piece back on the TB. Not a bad question though!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Is the cruise the red piece next to the tb? I've been wondering what's wrong with mine ever since I got the car.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by noname024
Is the cruise the red piece next to the tb? I've been wondering what's wrong with mine ever since I got the car.
Yes, there should be two cables right next to each other. The one with a red plastic piece, that hooks next to the throttle body cable with a black plastic clip. That is the cruise control cable...

I still have the problem with the cruise control though.....Does anyone know if when I get it dyno tuned in a week or so, will they look at that problem for free for me usually? Or will they try to charge me for it? I wonder if they can find the problem when they are dyno-ing it.....
Old 04-20-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

new era did my tb and i had no issues with cruise at all. i needed to adjust the throtle cable length ever so slightly, maybee b/c i had them do the bump stop mod. but all has been well, no cruise issues at all. i would make sure everything loks good where all those cables meet on the pass side then go to the TB.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

did they do the bump mod? look at that. and since it was ported make sure the cruise cable is installed/adjusted correctly.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by firebirdman469
Yes, there should be two cables right next to each other. The one with a red plastic piece, that hooks next to the throttle body cable with a black plastic clip. That is the cruise control cable...

I still have the problem with the cruise control though.....Does anyone know if when I get it dyno tuned in a week or so, will they look at that problem for free for me usually? Or will they try to charge me for it? I wonder if they can find the problem when they are dyno-ing it.....
Thanks, now its time to fish that thing out and see where it goes and what's wrong with it.