Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't get fuel line off!!

Old 04-20-2007, 07:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Can't get fuel line off!!

I have the little tool that is suppose to release the fuel line from the fuel rail @ the intake but it will not come off. What am I missing here?
Old 04-20-2007, 07:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure u have the fuel line disconnect tool and make sure u are using the 3/8" end. ive done this a few times and i can remember having to push in towards the intake end of the line while clamping down on the line where the fitting is at. it is a little tricky, but once u get it the first time, u will know exactly how to manuever it to get it every time after that. just remember, while holding the line, push in towards the intake while u have the tool clamped on the other side of the fitting, and it should pop right out.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its all about the feel, go slowly, turning and twisting the tool to catch the locks and pull off with the right hand.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

I couldn't get it, so I just took the darn fuel rail off the intake. I can see the tabs that are suppose to hold the fitting on there, but even with it laying there so I can see it, I can't get it apart. I tried two different tools, one that's a metal 3/8 tool & one that's plastic. Oh well. Thanks guys for responding.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:43 PM
dug
Banned

I couldnt get the metal tool to work. The plastic one from autozone worked easy as pie
Old 04-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Teching In

What ever you do, don't break the locks on the fuel line. I did and no dealer could order a replacement line. I was told GM wasn't making them anymore. I got lucky and found one that someone ordered and didn't pick up before they stopped making them.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

i just bought the metal ones today... 3/8"... took a little swearing and coaxing but the trick is.. push the connection as far back as possible.. then get the tool in.. press the connected towards the tool as much as you can.. twist the tool so you unlock all for tangs.. then pull the connector and it comes off...
Old 04-24-2007, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Well, I bought a different tool @ Auto Zone and the connection came apart very easily.

The plastic tool I bought is too thin to release the tabs and the cheap metal tool I had was tapered and was too thick to fit in far enough to release the tabs.

Knowing which tool works and getting it first would have been a big help.

Search this Thread