Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Catback Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Catback Installed!

I just installed my Corsa Catback, and I am very happy. I installed it, and it went together nicely, albeit with a little coaxing, and the tips are awesome. I installed it on my Trans Am, and it filled out the bumper very nicely, and seeing that I had Flowmaster before, this boosted the appearance a ton!

It is nice to finally buy an exhaust and not have to make any sacrifices. I have gone through a few exhausts on my cars, and I told myself that the next car I bought, I was going to put a Corsa on it. Well I almost bought Bassani, TSP Rumbler, and Magnaflow, and I am glad I didn't. I realized that if I bought the Bassani or the Magnaflow I would have to buy new tips. The Magnaflow now comes with nicer tips, but it puts it right in the price range of a Corsa system. The TSP has great tips, and I have run the same style system before. I would always get compliments, or I would get people who said it sounded like a truck. I personally felt it didn't, but some people are different.

I knew the Corsa had an exotic sound, so I felt it was something to look at. I wanted something that would be quiet on the inside, and quiet at idle as well, and the Corsa is just that. It sounds like it growls every came lope, it's pretty cool. This exhaust should always be on a car with a choppy idle cam. JMO.

Drove home at about 70mph, the car was whisper quiet inside, and that honestly isn't an over exaggeration. So I took it up to 80 then 90, still hardly anything at all. So I roll the windows down and I hear the exhaust just getting all gargly and bad *** sounding. It was awesome. I changed lanes and I could hear it open up. The tone is nothing like I have heard, and I love it. I will suggest this to any person at any level of mods. I have heads, cam, full exhaust with and ORY and this thing is awesome.

I thought about putting it on the SS, but then I remembered how badass a TRex sounds through duals.

HINT::HINT:: Some of the LS1tech sponsors sell this kit for $700. Some $700 SHIPPED!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I still like my Corsa. I really liked it stock and loved it with headers and catted-Y. I liked it a little less with after the cam but still great. I like to be different though and it does sound like nothing else! It is amazing how loud it can be at one point and then quite at another.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Go WOT under a bridge and you will scare people. Come out the far end of a tunnel at lower rpms and people will wonder where that scarey sound came from. I think I made an older fella shiete his drawers. As I went WOT he almost stopped.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

It's ridiculous. I am looking for every reason to go and drive the car now. I agree, it's very strange how it can sound like the world is coming to an end, then it all goes away. This system is perfect for me, and was precisely what I was looking for.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

May 1st my car comes out of storage and old folks start taking their undergarments to the dry cleaners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!