Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals owners/reviews ONLY!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 06:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default True duals owners/reviews ONLY!

Im going to be putting together several input ideas from reviews of true dual owners for later use.

right now i need true dual owners only to post in here and give me there opinion's on their true duals

i will have other post for other exhaust systems later, so please fellas once again only post your reviews if your an owner and not debates, im gathering this for later....ill give it a few days then im going to ask a mod to lock it

thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

I have the TSP system with Spiral Flow mufflers. Sounds incredible, ground clearance is OK, tucks up decent. Stock internals as of right now, not too loud at idle, but under hard throttle it's loud. At WOT it absolutely screams. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

-J
Old 04-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a custom built 2.5 inch tru-duel system. I've got it dumped before the axle with 12" Dynomax bulletts. At idle it gives a nice deep thrum and then at wot it absolutely screams. I'm a H/C car with full bolt-ons. I absolutely love it compared to my SLP Dynomouth. It actually got quieter with my tru-duels over the SLP. It's also quieter inside the car than it was with the SLP catback.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

i thought that's what this thread was for:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531756

and this is what i have to say:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....7&postcount=14
Old 04-21-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

thanks guys keep the info coming.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

True Duals here: Stock cubes(346) and stock camshaft.

XS longtube headers (driver side collector pie cut to align back)
Custom 3" H pipe setup
NO cats..
Dynomax bullets (3")
Dumped (for now)...

I love them, no rasp and with the H-pipe I feel like I have gotten a "deeper" or "more old school" muscle car sound out of the car. The dynomax bullets get a little loud at times and have some resonence at 1800-2200 RPM, nothing horrible though. I will be switching over to Moroso Spiral Flows next month and finishing out to the back with under the axle 3" pipes.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:02 PM

I was the first with the True dual, Dr. Gas X pipe and the 1 chamber Flowmaster race muffs. I did it back in like 2002. The sound was incredible. I got told it was better than a Mustang and even always had cops give me the thumbs up. Sounded mean with my big cam, heads and high compression. Theres 4 clips on LS1sounds.com.

The bads... the GC SUCKS! There is none. It was so bad I got a coke can stuck underneith it driving down the road. That was embarrassing. The drone could rattle your teeth. I could turn up the radio all the way and couldnt hear it. It was fine at 80 (with a 6 speed) but that was it.

I took them off and put on a Hooker catback and never looked back.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Veteran

I have a custom 3" x-pipe setup with 12" dynomax bullets dumped. At idle it is pretty tame but when you get on the gas it really gets loud. WOT is great! My system could be tucked up a little better but my clearance is not bad at all.

I Love my duals. I have never had a catback and dont plan on ever buying one.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

custom 3 inch h-pipe, pacesetter headers, single-chamber flowmasters, underaxle, 232/238 cam.....its badass.... its loud enough that ive been heard coming from 4-5 miles away. its almost unbearable revving it at a stop and being behind it. but i love it.... i plan on dumping it before the axles to make it louder
Old 04-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Location: The Republic of Texas, just south of the United States...

I've had the TSP TD system on for 4 years now and have never had a problem. I started with the Dynomax bullets and went to Sweet Thunders and love them. I have no issues with GC, the biggest problem that causes that is installing parts of the system upside down from what I've seen. Sound is incredible, flows well, would only consider a GMMG catback if I had to change it.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

2.5 true duals system with xpipe and magnaflow bullits out the back......soundsss amazing!!! better than any cat back in my opinion
Old 04-21-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Country Boy
I was the first with the True dual, Dr. Gas X pipe and the 1 chamber Flowmaster race muffs. I did it back in like 2002. The sound was incredible. I got told it was better than a Mustang and even always had cops give me the thumbs up. Sounded mean with my big cam, heads and high compression. Theres 4 clips on LS1sounds.com.

The bads... the GC SUCKS! There is none. It was so bad I got a coke can stuck underneith it driving down the road. That was embarrassing. The drone could rattle your teeth. I could turn up the radio all the way and couldnt hear it. It was fine at 80 (with a 6 speed) but that was it.

I took them off and put on a Hooker catback and never looked back.

i have near stock cleranace :driving:
Old 04-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Launching!

I've got 3 inch straight duals. (no mid pipe) It has 3 inch straight through mufflers from dynomax I believe. Also has 2 magnaflow cats on it. It sounds awesome. Super bassy at lower RPM's and really mean in the upper RPM's. My only complaint is how tame it is at idle...
Old 04-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Trunion King

I have Bassani tru duals X pipe with one Bassani chambered muffler 2 in/2 out 2.5" system. The X duals tucks in very nice and it is set up like regular catback system on fbodies. I like the sound it have w/ my longtubes.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

I've got the Texas Speed True Duals and i love it, the gc is kinda low but the sound is great i love it , its not to loud when driving but it does sceam when you punch it . Over all i would'nt change it for any other pipes
Old 04-22-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

ive got the tsp duals, ground clearance is maybe .5 inch lower than the stock y, but i had tsp install them so that helped a lot, they arent as loud as i expected at idle and just normal driving, but they sound incredible, and at wot they scream and its so loud, but in a good way, i will never consider another system, i might eventually take them out the back just to have tips again but thats the only thing
Old 04-22-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

i have tsp duals with hotchkis lowering springs. clearance is a big problem and i have to avoid all speed bumps and and any inclines that level off. i put them on myself so i'm sure that didn't help but i still think 3" is overkill for most cars. i only got the tsp duals because i couldn't find a shop to make a custom setup. i don't regret it by any means but i wish there were a place nearby that could've made a custom 2.5"
Old 04-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Launching!

i have the tsp system and with lid and exhaust and no tune made 350/358. sounds awsome with the sweet thunders. i have had ground clearance issues but mine are partially because of the installer (myself) and the fact that i have monster speed bumps in my complex. on a daily basis they have been fine.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

does anyone else besides tsp make a kit? i don't want to do anything custom...
Old 04-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Trunion King

Bassani makes X true duals from stock cats all the way back. They offer aluminized and stainless steel. You can check them in my FQuick through videos.

Quick Reply: True duals owners/reviews ONLY!