Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any how-to on Kmember installs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any how-to on Kmember installs?

i've been searching the forums but cannot find much information in Kmember installs. I ordered a UMI performance member and im curious whether i need to drop the entire motor to install the kmember or just the member itself ?
Old 04-22-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive swapped mine out with a Spohn one. You have to keep the motor supended and drop the k-frame, a-arms, and shock assembly. Then swap out the k-frame and put it all back on. It should come with instructions but I didn't use mine, it's really straight forward when you are under the car.

And it is 100 times easier with a lift. a driveway k-frame swap will suck.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
Ive swapped mine out with a Spohn one. You have to keep the motor supended and drop the k-frame, a-arms, and shock assembly. Then swap out the k-frame and put it all back on. It should come with instructions but I didn't use mine, it's really straight forward when you are under the car.

And it is 100 times easier with a lift. a driveway k-frame swap will suck.

not a problem because i have access to a lift. i was just wondering if there were any tips or tricks to swapping it out in case i get snagged up on something really dumb.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Of all time consuming jobs I've done, it was the easiest. It just took a while. You might want to have a couple buddies help you hold the new k-frame up when you go to bolt it in, because you have to line up like 8 points all at once.

But I didnt really have any stupid-easy fix moments the entire time.