Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's w/ a catted y and LM cat-back....

Old 04-22-2007, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT's w/ a catted y and LM cat-back....

I have an LM and ABSOLUTELY love it! but now i'm considering getting some coated pacesetters w/ the catted y package texas speed sales. Will this setup be to loud with a catted y? I live in an apartment community, and waking up everyone when I start it in the morning could be a bad idea. . .

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Yes it will be pretty damn loud. Cats will help a little but mainly just cut down on the nasty rasp sound. My advice is to get a slp dual/dual cat-back with an electric cutout. The sound with a cutout will not differ much from the loudmouth because the loudmouth is straight through.

Oh yeah, the dual/dual is pretty quiet even with an ORY. I have heard it in person and I rode in the car, sounds very tame but awesome.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:46 AM
On The Tree

heh I don't mind the loud rasy sound at all, in fact, I LOVE IT. I just don't want something that is going to flip on a bunch of lights at 6:30 in the morning, and windows opening only to hear people scream "STFU!". So...if the initial start-up sequence with this setup isn't stupid loud, I can just coast out of the parking lot.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Banned

It will be loud...you may want to look at getting an LMII resonator.

You may also want to consider getting the Jet Hot Coated Pacesetters. They come coated inside and out and have a full lifetime warranty!

http://marylandspeed.com/index.php?c...9_152&#Headers
Old 04-23-2007, 06:54 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those have a lifetime warranty?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apparently they do, and I quote, "These headers are purchased by Jet Hot, then stripped and coated in and out with Jet Hot's sterling silver finish. They get the normal Jet Hot lifetime corrosion warranty plus the 3 yr finish warranty." So I wonder, if I order them and they start to get a bit rusty, will they replace them no problem? I wonder how bad they have to be before they will replace them, or will they just re-coat them??
Old 04-23-2007, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
It will be loud...you may want to look at getting an LMII resonator.

You may also want to consider getting the Jet Hot Coated Pacesetters. They come coated inside and out and have a full lifetime warranty!

http://marylandspeed.com/index.php?c...9_152&#Headers
Can you get the y-pipe catted with that? I'm guessing that will help resonate the sound emensely..
Old 04-23-2007, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

/bump

Search this Thread