Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD Wires w/ Pacesetter LT's...Question about #3 Cylinder Plug Wire

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MSD Wires w/ Pacesetter LT's...Question about #3 Cylinder Plug Wire

I've had my Pacesetters in about a year and a half and at the same time I replaced the stock wires w/ MSD's. Well about 3 months ago, the car developed a bad missfire and I found that the #3 primary had melted through the plug wire boot and destroyed it.

So I now have 7 MSD's and one stock one on there. I found a place to sell me one MSD wire but I need to know if I need the straight boot or angled boot. Do you have a straight or angled plug wire boot on the #3? The #3 is the 2nd plug on the driver's side. I can't remember if I had a straight one or angled one on there before and need to know which one works and clears the primary before I go and get the new wire.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All my MSD's are straight boots. I could see that the #3 wire boot was going to rest on the primary so I just went to Jegs and picked up one of these. Covers the whole boot and is good up to 1200 degrees. Like 8 bucks or so.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MY02REDWS6TA
All my MSD's are straight boots. I could see that the #3 wire boot was going to rest on the primary so I just went to Jegs and picked up one of these. Covers the whole boot and is good up to 1200 degrees. Like 8 bucks or so.

Hmm that's odd. A buddy of mien just had MSD's put in his car and half were straight and half have about a 15-20 degree angle in them. Anyone else?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The MSD Super Conductor wires have bendable boots

...you gently bend them to clear the headers, and they stay like that... (...but don't try to unbend them...).
Old 04-23-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trent
Hmm that's odd. A buddy of mien just had MSD's put in his car and half were straight and half have about a 15-20 degree angle in them. Anyone else?
all my MSDs are straight
Old 04-23-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by joecar
The MSD Super Conductor wires have bendable boots

...you gently bend them to clear the headers, and they stay like that... (...but don't try to unbend them...).
Son of a BITCH I feel stupid! Sure enough, I took one of his out and it had been bent. We went ahead and took the other ones off that were close and bent them to clear better too. Thanks!