Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start off ignition

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start off ignition

Well,

When I try to start the car with the key in the ignition, the car wont start. It has power to everything. I can hook up a remote starter directly off of the starter and it fires every time? So I'm at a loss... Anyone got an Idea as to where I need to start? Something I forgot to plug in? Clutch switch/sensor? Key resistor?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the engine turning over when you turn the key to the Start position ? or is it turning over but not starting ?

If it doesn't turn over.. then I would guess that your Ing to starter wire would be the 1st place to check again. it is the large purple wire. See if you are getting 12volts while the key is in the start position.
Next I would check the switch on the clutch pedal. Try bypassing the switch by disconnecting it and jumping the two connections.

There is not a whole lot to the starting system, Double check the fuses again.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bczee
Is the engine turning over when you turn the key to the Start position ? or is it turning over but not starting ?

If it doesn't turn over.. then I would guess that your Ing to starter wire would be the 1st place to check again. it is the large purple wire. See if you are getting 12volts while the key is in the start position.
Next I would check the switch on the clutch pedal. Try bypassing the switch by disconnecting it and jumping the two connections.

There is not a whole lot to the starting system, Double check the fuses again.
I put the key in the start position and then use the remote starter I have hooked up. When i disconnect the remote starter the car will turn on(lights and radio, dash lights etc.) when its put in the on position but when I turn it to start the car, nothing. Thanks for the pointers, ill check everything out.