Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any A/C guru's out there? need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Any A/C guru's out there? need help

while removing my A/C compressor yesterday, i accidentally unbolted the large bolt in the back of the A/C. Nothing came out of it so i quicky put in back in...

then when removing the compressor from its housing oil started to come out of some of the lines..

Did i damage the compressor? those A/C lines should be free of any oil right? is it still OK to use once i clean out the lines?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what ever you do don't clean out those lines! that oil is supposed to be in there. It flows thru the a/c system and lubricates the compressor. as for the bolt i'm not sure of it's purpose. unless your talking about the bolt that hold the lines to the compressor.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics please
Old 04-25-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PunkerPontiac
what ever you do don't clean out those lines! that oil is supposed to be in there. It flows thru the a/c system and lubricates the compressor. as for the bolt i'm not sure of it's purpose. unless your talking about the bolt that hold the lines to the compressor.

no its a bolt type of thing that is below the hard line bolt on the compressor.

well i didnt know any oil was supposed to flow in the lines that go to the A/C radiator... because thats where the oil was coming out of..