Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Change my exhaust??? Vid Inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Change my exhaust??? Vid Inside

Hey everyone im really considering changing my exhaust setup up. Right now im running pacesetter longtubes, pacesetter ORY with a 3" cutout, into a borla catback with CME tips. I usually drive with the cutout open most of the time, because i hate how the borla sounds. I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on what they thing will sound the best with a decent sized cam.. I was thinking TDs under the axle cause i wanna run the CME still, but my car is lowered. Anyways heres a vid of my car for you guys to get an idea, it sounds pretty good in the vid of the borla, but in person i dont think it sounds as good honestly..

http://media.putfile.com/Closed-Exhaust-VS-Open-exhaust
Old 04-25-2007, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

i run true duals with sweet thunder bullets. 3 inch x pipe to 2.5 out the back. it sounds pretty good and get consistent compliments on the sound as well. your car will sound wicked due to the cam. plus, if done correctly, ground clearance is not an issue.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heck it already sounds wicked. Just what kind of "baby" cam is already in it?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey jake i'm in the process of thinking about trading my true dual setup for a quieter exhaust. if that deal falls through i'll let ya know. it would sound insane on your car with that cam. dr gas x pipe into spiral flows dumped... you heard it before
Old 04-26-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well i went to the exhaust shop by my house and the guy said they could run it out the back under the axle for about $220..So does that seem like a good price? im gonna see if they can run 3" all the way to my center mount tips..cause i believe the center mount is 2.5 inches..
Old 04-26-2007, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I Hey Jake the car sounds awesome!!But was up with the little puffs of smoke?
220.00 is a lil steep is it stainless tubing? a shop in the city did my Y-pipe for 70bucks! I say no more than 150-160 range. Also the guy's welds were awesome!!Let me know if you wanna see the shop and I'll go with you!its on 63rd st near kedzie! As long as you dont hit any curbs like at the oasis saturday!! LOL big DUmmy LOL
Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
Heck it already sounds wicked. Just what kind of "baby" cam is already in it?
Answer the question!!

Or at least PM me if it's top secret, I wanna know too...

Car sounds badass as it stands IMO. Those duals with spirals would be pretty slick tho

-J
Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by litle8
I Hey Jake the car sounds awesome!!But was up with the little puffs of smoke?
220.00 is a lil steep is it stainless tubing? a shop in the city did my Y-pipe for 70bucks! I say no more than 150-160 range. Also the guy's welds were awesome!!Let me know if you wanna see the shop and I'll go with you!its on 63rd st near kedzie! As long as you dont hit any curbs like at the oasis saturday!! LOL big DUmmy LOL
Whats going on? The smoke is a little bit of blow by, dont forget the car has 131K miles on it. Thanks i think it sounds good now too, but i really think it will sound ALOT better with a TD setup. I really dont think $220 is all that bad for 3" pipe, i believe its all stainless, but im not sure. I dont know if i wanna drive all the way in the city when this guy is sooo close..And i dont know what your talking about hitting a curb...
Old 04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lastcall190
Answer the question!!

Or at least PM me if it's top secret, I wanna know too...

Car sounds badass as it stands IMO. Those duals with spirals would be pretty slick tho

-J
Its a 233/239 .595/.605 on a 112LSA
Old 04-26-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JacobK
Well i went to the exhaust shop by my house and the guy said they could run it out the back under the axle for about $220..So does that seem like a good price? im gonna see if they can run 3" all the way to my center mount tips..cause i believe the center mount is 2.5 inches..
sounds very good..but I would do what the shop says..only over the axle if u can afford it----------------OR...LEAVE IT...sounds the way it is.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

the shop told me to go under the axle it would be easier since my car is lowered..thats what a few people i heard from also told me..
Old 04-26-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

the shop told me to go under the axle it would be easier since my car is lowered..thats what a few people i heard from also told me..
Mine is lowered...but with a single pipe from ory----but ...there is lots of space for 2-2-1/2" pipes.....many have done it...seach dual exhaust.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whats going on? The smoke is a little bit of blow by, dont forget the car has 131K miles on it. Thanks i think it sounds good now too, but i really think it will sound ALOT better with a TD setup. I really dont think $220 is all that bad for 3" pipe, i believe its all stainless, but im not sure. I dont know if i wanna drive all the way in the city when this guy is sooo close..And i dont know what your talking about hitting a curb...
Bro, the car "sounds" and "looks" frickin badass man!!!! I don't know, I would use the money on something else! but that's my lil dumb opinion. What else can the car use for better handling or a lil more ponies?
speedinc has some tractek low cont arms for 99.99 dont wanna so ill shut up now!
dont worry i wont tell our

Last edited by litle88; 04-26-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

ehh i really think a TD setup on my car will definitely make it soooo much better..besides with the cutout closed i hate how it sounds, i wanna change it up a little.