Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake vs. Intake/TB

Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Intake vs. Intake/TB

I'm going to be putting an LS6 intake on my '99 soon, I was wondering how JUST an intake compares to intake plus ported/polished TB? I was surprised to hear someone say that they found the LS6 intake and TB combination to be a greater SOTP mod than LTs. How much of this gain is due to the intake itself, and how much is attributable to the TB? Also, I was told by my tuner not to run ported MAF ends because it will cause a lean condition, will a ported TB cause similar problems? Thanks!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well a ported tb basically goes hand in hand with the ls6 intake. I believe headers and ORY still gain more power, but the SOTP will be greater with the ls6 intake and ported tb because of the great increase in throttle response along with the car pulling alot harder. Both are great supporting mods as well. Ported tb's will not cause a lean condition becasue the extra incoming air is metered by the MAF. Ported maf ends let more air by without registering it, as it is calibrated for that exact size.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I installed a ported TB and the improvement in throttle response was awesome. I just added an LS6 intake last week and now it is even better. Definitely a good combination mod for driveability.

Search this Thread