Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust??

I've recently had to take my tranny in and out of my car a few times and i had a x-pipe on it. Well i got sick of having to cut it off and put it back on, plus it scraped all the time. So i left it off and put about a foot of pipe on each side and dumped the mufflers right there. Its on a 99 ws6 with spintech race mufflers. It sound really good and the ground clearance is alot better but am i losing any power this way? The muffler are sitting about right where the front seats are.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Pretty sure you won't lose any power. I've seen exhaust run this way alot more on older cars . . customers 73 Nova SS we set up like this, the exhaust doesn't mix. The point of having an X or H pipe is to even out the combustion on each side of the engine. You shouldn't lose any power . . Have you felt any differences? You may gain power if you have other supporting mods - this is even more free flowing than crossing the exhaust
Old 05-03-2007, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

I havent had a chance to get on it yetjust got the tranny in a couple days ago and giving it a little time to break in before i get on it real hard. Also i still havent put the o2 sensor back in yet on the passenger side. Would it run different once i put it back in?