Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust pissing me off

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust pissing me off

The damn clamp keeps coming off my ORY and headers and Its scraping. Its a hassle, I wanna get TSP true duals already, but my new TA that is body mounted will not allow TSPs X pipe design. Its all because my new Strano springs had the car sit lower so it scrpaed everywhere

the pacesetter LTs and ORY with the LM1 = hang too low and scrape ever since the car is lower.

wtf should I do, my new TA that isnt in yet wont allow a new X pipe and I need it fixed tomorrow.

should I just take it to an exhaust shop and have em re clamp the muffler? I think I should drop by pep boys and but my own clamp and do it myself?

Ugh Im frustrated. Goodnight!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't use the u bolt clamps. You shouldn't scrape at all, especially on stock height.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you use band clamps for the exhaust for better ground clearance. If you have to use the c clamps, make sure the bolt ends are sticking to the side for more clearance.

If you want true duals, why don't you send the new torque arm back and get one that will allow you to run duals. Otherwise take your exhaust to an exhaust shop that actually knows what they are doing.

Originally Posted by blackbirdls1
Don't use the u bolt clamps. You shouldn't scrape at all, especially on stock height.
He said he is lowered.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate my f**kin piece of s**t system too, i have 3"TDs and they are pissing me off. I cant get ne thing to hang em with that doesnt burn off and i dont want to weld to the car. i feel your pain this s**t hits everywhere!