Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coil pack relocation

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default coil pack relocation

Is there a write up anywhere for this? i think it is a really cool idea and would clean up the top of the motor really well but i cant find a write up for it
Old 05-04-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No writeup but take a look at Thunder Racing's kit. Or do a search, some folks have made their own.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:53 PM
That's what she said...

I put mine below the frame rails on each side. One where the vacuum canister was and one bolted to the side of the cruise control module. Extended the coil pack end of the coil pack wiring harness and plugged them in. I ran the wires up through that hole by the ABS module on the driver side, and up beside the a/c compressor on the passenger side.

It's easy to do, just takes some time/patience.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
I put mine below the frame rails on each side. One where the vacuum canister was and one bolted to the side of the cruise control module. Extended the coil pack end of the coil pack wiring harness and plugged them in. I ran the wires up through that hole by the ABS module on the driver side, and up beside the a/c compressor on the passenger side.

It's easy to do, just takes some time/patience.
I'm sure it looks really clean up top, but now you got 3' long plug wires? That seems kinda silly...
Old 05-07-2007, 01:31 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by shudog
I'm sure it looks really clean up top, but now you got 3' long plug wires? That seems kinda silly...
They are shorder than I thought they'd be. I used the 4 shortest ones in the kit to make the passenger side alone. I had to chop a ton off the rest to make the driver side.

They not much longer than when people put them under the cowl, and certainly not as long as some I've seen on SBC/SBF setups. Car ran exactly the same afterwards, and my butt dyno is sensitive for +-1rwhp.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
They are shorder than I thought they'd be. I used the 4 shortest ones in the kit to make the passenger side alone. I had to chop a ton off the rest to make the driver side.

They not much longer than when people put them under the cowl, and certainly not as long as some I've seen on SBC/SBF setups. Car ran exactly the same afterwards, and my butt dyno is sensitive for +-1rwhp.
Well good deal then!!! How about some pics from up above? I'm always a sucker for blue eyed brunettes and a clean engine bay...

Quick Reply: coil pack relocation