Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor mount question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Default motor mount question

ok im swapping a v6 for a v8 i already have my umi k member and got motor mounts thinking i would have everything i need now im noticing im missing the metal shell that surrounds the mount so i have 2 questions

1. does anyone have the part number for energy suspension ls1 motor mounts
so i can make sure i have the right one as the rep i spoke with was an idiot

2. is there anyone that sells the metal shell and the rubber as a whole peice. or know where i can get the metal peice or shell that surrounds it??

this has been the most frustrating thing i have had so far on this swap and i would really like a step in the right direction like go fet factory mounts from a junk yard and replace the rubber or send those back and go here and get what you need.

thanks so much
Old 05-08-2007, 08:51 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would go solid mounts, but that is me. You can probably find a set of stockers on here for pretty cheap. Energy suspension does not make an LS1 motor mount. Believe me, I have checked for customers and called them before. They make plenty of trans mounts though. You might want to check Thunder Racing's site. They have the Prothane motor mounts that you are probably looking for.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

finally a f en answer its funny cause the guy asked what it was going on and i told him and this is what he sent me when i could have just said oh snap i dont make those for you

i hate people sometimes anyway orange why solid whats the benifits and wouldnt that cause problems on a street car (im thinking solid as in no give at all so in my mind i imagine that twisting things a lot)
Old 05-09-2007, 04:46 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually twisting is for stock rubber and poly mounts. Spohn has some awesome solid mounts and it will keep things from moving. Honestly with a powerful setup like for instance a 414 you will be making the power that you will want to keep from slopping around. You can run those solid mounts on the street no problem. I do it, and have done it for almost a year now. Granted most of my stuff is solid rod end so it makes a popping noise, but that is just the nature of the product.

You have to remember that when you call manufacture's you are talking to a secretary. Ask for an engineer or product designer. They normally know right off the bat. Or any of the main sponsors for this site can tell you...and if they can't for some reason. I bet they know who can.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:15 AM
TECH Veteran

yeah i picked them up at advanced they just called them

now can you use the spohn ones with the umi k member??

Quick Reply: motor mount question