Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP y pipe

I have a 2000 Z-28 m6 with slp 1's. Will slp's y pipe bolt up to my stock cats? i am thinking about gettin the y pipe. I am Basically asking can i have my stock headers, stock cats, slp y pipe, and slp's? If so how much hp will the y pipe add and will it be alot louder then before? thanks
Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Banned

It is designed to work with the stock headers, and flows a little better because it eliminated the flat factory sections. In terms of power, SLP claims 10, but I think that is agressive. Exhaust is only as good as the weekest link, which will be the factory manifolds. As for sound, probaly won't make much of a difference at all. We sell them on the site here-

http://marylandspeed.com/product_inf...roducts_id=218
Old 05-11-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will gain 0.12347 RWHP. The sound is a tiny bit louder. The SLP factory Y pipe is not worth buying new. I can see picking one up used for cheap, but do not waste the $200 on a new one. Do yourself a favor and spend the $200 on women and booze tonight.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Buy long tubes, just changing the Y-Pipe is stupid .. there is no point to change only the Y. either way, it wont bolt up to your cats, unless you buy one that is specifically made for stock manifolds, which SLP doesn't make. This Y pipe is for longtube headers, not stock manifolds
Old 05-17-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

I have one on my car now. Waiting to re-install my Shorties. It just made the car a lil louder at WOT, but there is alot more resonance in the mid-range. It does seem to pull a tiny bit more freely in the upper rpm's as well.
I'd say only buy it with a set of headers or just go LT's with a real Y-pipe.