Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting the most out of a cammed car (exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting the most out of a cammed car (exhaust)

Just curious what mufflers sound best on cammed cars? Right now ive got magnaflow and I dont care for it to much. Are there any mufflers that really bring out the lope in a cam? I would think chambered mufflers, while hurting flow over something fiberglass packed like the magnaflow would probably produce a different sound. My magnaflow just sounds stuffy at certain rpm points. Ive got a 232/234, longtubes and an ORY. Ive got an slp dual/dual too, but im sure that would sound just like the magnaflow.

Also curious if anyone has gone from ORY -> catted or vice versa in a cam car and how the cats affected the sound. Im getting tired of smelling like fuel and other hydrocarbons every time I go out in my car, and passengers bitching lol.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Looks like you got a TSP T2 cam. I just got one too. I can tell you that a LM2 sounds like ***. I'm looking at a flowmaster true dual setup with 2 chambered Super 40s dumped before the axel. I hate the rasp and pop I have now. Yeah, I've got no cats and the fuel smell. I doesn't really bother me too much.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a stock cam, and just put on lts with bullets right off the headers then dumps and it sounds pretty amazing. it makes my car sound almost lopey... im sure it would be mean on cammed cars
Old 05-12-2007, 02:15 AM
12 Second Club

I have the hooker.. it sounds good. Catted-Y + open cutout makes me smile though.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

sstowerman,

I would really have to disagree with the lm2 sounding like ***. It might be your opinion but I have it on my car and have gotten nothing but compliments.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
sstowerman,

I would really have to disagree with the lm2 sounding like ***. It might be your opinion but I have it on my car and have gotten nothing but compliments.